Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a stainless 4 blade 24 pitch mercury marine prop on my 22ft placecraft deck boat. if i have 8 people in the boat this prop works great. but the majority of the time it is just the wife and i and i can hit the rev limiter on the fi 496 mag pretty easy. i was wondering if anyone on here had a similar boat with a different set up. I really dont want to spend the cash on a new 26 pitch if it is acutally going to slow my boat down.

any suggestions.

·
AKA Blownjet 468
1,205 Posts
I'm sure there's someone here that lives close and would let you try a prop! lot's of good people around this site;):D

·
Registered
12 Posts
You say that with 8 people it is good? How close to the rev limiter do you get with 8 people? If you are hitting the rev limiter easy with the wife and you a 26 is the prop for you.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I have a stainless 4 blade 24 pitch mercury marine prop on my 22ft placecraft deck boat. if i have 8 people in the boat this prop works great. but the majority of the time it is just the wife and i and i can hit the rev limiter on the fi 496 mag pretty easy. i was wondering if anyone on here had a similar boat with a different set up. I really dont want to spend the cash on a new 26 pitch if it is acutally going to slow my boat down.

any suggestions.
I have a 26 bravo one you can try call me 928-855-7420 ask for Bart

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks bart i will give you a call before our next river trip
where are you located

1 - 6 of 6 Posts