Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There was a super clean cp that was for sale a while back. It was a cream color with gold stripping I think. Would like to get picture of it. I can't find it in the for sale section. Thank you Chad

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes

Yes that is the one. Your boat is beautiful. Looking to redo my boat come across the color combo and fell in love with it. I won't copy it. But Needed I pic to show the wife. She thought I was crazy when I told her what I wanted to do. Again a beautiful boat thanks Chad

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,075 Posts
Yes that is the one. Your boat is beautiful. Looking to redo my boat come across the color combo and fell in love with it. I won't copy it. But Needed I pic to show the wife. She thought I was crazy when I told her what I wanted to do. Again a beautiful boat thanks Chad
You should see that boat in person. Absolutely flawless ...

S CP

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Thanks for all the kind compliments, I appreciate them. While the boat looks okay for a 35 year old boat, it has its flaws. I'm actually planning on taking it apart and freshening it up in the next year or so.

Futs, NO it is not for sale! I bought it from the original owner, Ray Martin, in 1997 and went through it then. I sold the boat a couple years later to Cripple Midget (Bubba) and regretted it for years. Luckly I was able to track it down and buy it back in 2006. I won't do that again.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Questions

Yep, IMO that's the 1 18ft CP that makes all others just ok......:yes:
Really clean!
I hope I can ask a couple of questions on this thread even though they only use the engine shot for reference.

First, it looks like the distributor was replaced with a crank trigger system (dist wires in the first two pics and not in the others) and it really cleaned up the look. Where is the distributor located now and how is it driven?

Is there any give in this driveline to correct small misalignment, maybe in the Jetaway? I don't see a u-joint.

What is the pump with the large stainless lines at the back of the motor?

I can post as a new thread if the explanations are too long and unrelated to this one.

Thanks

1 - 20 of 36 Posts