Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been having a tough time tyring to buy this amp.. I've already cancelled two orders because both suppliers never came though and delivered, I've been waiting three weeks.. I'm really surprised at how shady some of these online companies are. I've tried three other places and you can't get someone on the phone. I've tried Al and Eds, the local boat stereo shop here in town, Techronics, Dealercost, audiosoundsforless,Sonixelectronics, and a couple of others...

Crutchfield and JL Audio both have them for $499.00 plus tax, everywhere else advertises them in the mid 300's.. I'll buy from Crutchfield if I have to but are there any places that I missed? I would really like to save myself a couple hundys and find it for cheaper.. Any ideas?

My boat is all setup for the M6600, all the wires are in place and the boat was rigged with the M6450/M6600, trying to make it easy on myself with a direct replacement...

·
....at the Speed of Sound
696 Posts
both suppliers never came though and delivered, I've been waiting three weeks..

I would really like to save myself a couple hundys and find it for cheaper.. Any ideas?

Go support your local authorized JL retailer. The extra 100 bucks or so you are spending will keep you from having to wait on shady online dealers for 3+ weeks and the retailer will be there for you after the sale if there is a problem with the equipment. :)hand

·
Premium Member
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Go support your local authorized JL retailer. The extra 100 bucks or so you are spending will keep you from having to wait on shady online dealers for 3+ weeks and the retailer will be there for you after the sale if there is a problem with the equipment. :)hand
Can't find any local authorized JL retailer that has them. :)hand
I'm trying............

·
Registered
64 Posts
amp

did your old amp go bad.........reason being 1 of my outputs went bad and was wondering am i better of buying a new one or repair????

·
Premium Member
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
did your old amp go bad.........reason being 1 of my outputs went bad and was wondering am i better of buying a new one or repair????
I thought it did go bad but took it into Audio Concepts and Jose was really curious why I wanted a new amp because JL's just don't fail... They installed a mono block amp for my sub then rewired the 6 channel amp to the 6 seperates, so far so good and the amp seems to be perfect.. It's sounds very healthy. I guess the amp was being overdriven by the sub and would protect it self by shutting down...They also ran massive power cables from my batteries to the amps with a nice circuit breaker and yanked the inline fuse.. I've yet to test the boat on the water but at his shop the setup was nice and ran it for a long time cranked with no problems.. The additional amp is nice because it's going to eventually power another 10" sub when I'm ready..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts