Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
oldsmopile equipped
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search and came up with nothing, I would like to hear some old stories and see some pix about "rated x" the origional would be great. thanks.

·
Registered
6,575 Posts
years ago, there was a video on utube of the ratedx blowover at ming. i had it saved on an old computer that died a long time ago. but it -should- still be out there in cyberspace somewhere...

·
"Need For Speed"
1,210 Posts
years ago, there was a video on utube of the ratedx blowover at ming. i had it saved on an old computer that died a long time ago. but it -should- still be out there in cyberspace somewhere...
Is that when Little Billy was driving back the Placecraft in the early '80's? Seems like I either had a picture of it or a pic of the boat tail straight up and nose down with Little Billy beside the Placecraft was posted on PB.

·
Registered
6,575 Posts
Is that when Little Billy was driving back the Placecraft in the early '80's? Seems like I either had a picture of it or a pic of the boat tail straight up and nose down with Little Billy beside the Placecraft was posted on PB.
yeah, it's the same wreck that the tail up pic came from. black and white vid. i watched it maybe 200 times. wish i still had it saved on the hard drive...

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
yeah, it's the same wreck that the tail up pic came from. black and white vid. i watched it maybe 200 times. wish i still had it saved on the hard drive...
When I saw Rated X run it was a Wreidt Hull....and I think every driver got wet...once or twice
that was Bad Ass raceing in the 70's

·
Registered
206 Posts
View attachment 209330

Lots of talk and several pics of Rated X starting at post #508
History O/t vintage drag boats - Page 26 - THE H.A.M.B.

Direct link to that pic. Not sure why PB is reducing the size.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/flyin-t/mini-magphoto1.jpg

Little more history in this thread as well.
http://www.performanceboats.com/jet-boats/73118-old-school-photos-rated-x.html
That was a wicked pass. Watched it from the island and that thing was all over the place before he blew it over. it was on one hell of a pass!!!

·
"Need For Speed"
1,210 Posts
View attachment 209330

A number of months after this crash, I saw Little Billy in Monroe, LA. Mike Battaglia purchased some of the Henderson fuel engines/parts as well as the center keel and intake out of this Placecraft. They then integrated this keel into a Youngblood TX-18 and put one of the fuel motors in it. I don't know how well the boat ran..... other than a short time later Mike had all the parts in a Placecraft named ... I think it was Changing Places.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts