Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
BBC Hydro
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just like the title says looking for some ideas (pictures) of water pickups mounted on rudders of hydros.

Thanks

·
Registered
409 Posts
I machined one for my crackerbox 15 years ago. I don't have any pictures, but I can tell you what did, and maybe scan in a hand drawing. Basically, I took the trailing edge of the rudder, and gun drilled from the top, clear down to just shy of the bottom. At the bottom of the leading edge, I left it the same thickness of the entire trailin edge and drilled a hole from the lead edge to meat the hole down the trailing edge. I cant remember the angle I beveld it, or any of the dimmensions. But I left .025" on the lead edge. I did not want it too sharp.

·
Registered
633 Posts
I think this is what you are looking for,
- this is a piece of 1/2 x 1/2 square tube .065 thick ,(my rudder is 1/2 thick ) cut at a 45* angle at the bottom ,
Make sure that the top of the 45* is even with the bottom edge ,
it has a #8 an steel fitting welded to the top,( PLENTY OF WATER ), one #10 an exit from the motor , I run NO water pump , and still have to run a bypass set at 10 psi ( #8 an ) or you will have too much water pressure in the block . During a pass the motor will cool down ,

Send me a pm if you want more info ........ Eric:)hand

Attachments

·
BBC Hydro
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think this is what you are looking for,
- this is a piece of 1/2 x 1/2 square tube .065 thick ,(my rudder is 1/2 thick ) cut at a 45* angle at the bottom ,
Make sure that the top of the 45* is even with the bottom edge ,
it has a #8 an steel fitting welded to the top,( PLENTY OF WATER ), one #10 an exit from the motor , I run NO water pump , and still have to run a bypass set at 10 psi ( #8 an ) or you will have too much water pressure in the block . During a pass the motor will cool down ,

Send me a pm if you want more info ........ Eric:)hand

That's exactly what I was looking for! I will be running a waterpump, want to be able to idle around the lake. What type of bypass are you running???

Thanks,
Sammy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts