Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
SS Mandella,18ft Mandella,Long Deck Mandella,Trick,#90,Brummett,1971 Mandella

This was my fathers 18ft Mandella "Trick" built in the early 70's, he was the original owner. My fathers house burned down in the 08' SoCal fires with every picture we ever had of this boat. We just got a hold of this picture through a good family friend and I told my father I'd put up a post to see if anybody knew the whereabouts of Trick. As of last year Carson Brummett hadn't seen this boat in at least 20years. This boat was different than most Marathon boats built in the day with geared steering(no cables). It was also running a snout driven BBC.

Any info is greatly appreciated.......

·
Registered
979 Posts
Not sure if you know the McPheeters, but Ed has a LD that is named Quick Trick... All black, 427FE, and stacks...hmmm. Regardless he's got all kinds of info on those boats...

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Beautiful boat!

I'll keep an eye out...
Thanks Ryan. We were pretty excited to find that pic. It's helping with my long deck build....trying to get my 18ft as close to Trick as practical.

I know where those pants are. :)grn
Ha!!I knew that comment was comming :) Hey if you know where to find those pants I'll take a pair
;)

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
I have no help to offer, but just had to say I really dig the picture! The era it captures with the boat, the clothes, the side burns, and the car in the background is priceless! Vince you missed your era!!! :happy:

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not sure if you know the McPheeters, but Ed has a LD that is named Quick Trick... All black, 427FE, and stacks...hmmm. Regardless he's got all kinds of info on those boats...
Thanks Zacho. I talk Eddie M. often and "Quick Trick" is a different boat, and a bad ass one at that. Eddie knows we're on the look out for this boat.

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Here's an office picture. The middle pedal is the down pedal and the left pedal just fixed to stabilize the driver. You can't really see much of the geared steering mechanism unfortunately.

·
Registered
604 Posts
What a cool boat! I wish you the very best in locating the boat! I know the passion that goes into finding this old stuff and more particularly when it is family related... You would think that it would be pretty easy yo find with so many gas filler holes in the deck.

·
Registered
518 Posts
SS Mandella,18ft Mandella,Long Deck Mandella,Trick,#90,Brummett

This was my fathers 18ft Mandella "Trick" built in the late 60's, he was the original owner. My fathers house burned down in the 08' SoCal fires with every picture we ever had of this boat. We just got a hold of this picture through a good family friend and I told my father I'd put up a post to see if anybody knew the whereabouts of Trick. As of last year Carson Brummett hadn't seen this boat in at least 20years. This boat was different than most Marathon boats built in the day with geared steering(no cables). It was also running a snout driven BBC.

Any info is greatly appreciated.......

There is one at Superior Fiberglass in Havasu that is getting gel coated,it s the same colors and graphics

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
What a cool boat! I wish you the very best in locating the boat! I know the passion that goes into finding this old stuff and more particularly when it is family related... You would think that it would be pretty easy yo find with so many gas filler holes in the deck.
Thanks for the kind words! When you grow up around these boats it's in the blood and a way of life. This boat has proven to be a tough one to find but I'm not very experienced in this type of thing either.
BTW I spent a few enjoyable hours going through your build thread over the past year.....definitely one of my favorite all time build threads! Your boat is off the reservation!! :))THumbsUp:))THumbsUp

Jeb

1 - 20 of 38 Posts