Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a scoop like the one that my boat had on it when it was built in '78 The boat has had several owners over the years and the scoop is long gone. I have no idea on who made this scoop. Whether it was made by a company or some guy in his garage, I don't know. Any help would be appreciated greatly. This is the only pic I have of my boat when it was new and when it had the scoop I'm looking for.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,549 Posts
Thats the scoop that came on the Libertys. Similar but Not like the formula 5000 that you posted Mike.

·
Registered
19,874 Posts
yah i just noticed that your correct,bit of a diff the top is squarer and the hole is squarer (is squarer a word)

·
Without a boat
978 Posts
I've got the scoop your looking for, I've got 2 different trays for dual carbs. Ill get a pic for you, what spacing are your carbs or you running single?

·
Registered
877 Posts
I am looking for a scoop like the one that my boat had on it when it was built in '78 The boat has had several owners over the years and the scoop is long gone. I have no idea on who made this scoop. Whether it was made by a company or some guy in his garage, I don't know. Any help would be appreciated greatly. This is the only pic I have of my boat when it was new and when it had the scoop I'm looking for.
I have a mold for that scoop. Looks like you already got hooked up. If falls thru send me a pm and we will get together.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yah i just noticed that your correct,bit of a diff the top is squarer and the hole is squarer (is squarer a word)

Good eye Mouzer! The original scoop is more square or squarer as you mentioned. That is what I am looking for. I'm trying to get the boat back as close to original as possible.

·
Registered
5,838 Posts
There is a place in Glendora near Foothill and Glendora Ave that have a few of those in the window. They have a few fiberglass buckets and other boat parts too... Been a few months since I've drove by, but I'd check them out. I'm pretty sure they're called Auto Marine Engineering. Google it.

·
Registered
794 Posts
There is a place in Glendora near Foothill and Glendora Ave that have a few of those in the window. They have a few fiberglass buckets and other boat parts too... Been a few months since I've drove by, but I'd check them out. I'm pretty sure they're called Auto Marine Engineering. Google it.
AME has the regular formula 500 scoops. They aren't the same :(

1 - 20 of 22 Posts