Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if anyone has a similar take off intercooler from an old set-up or knows where i can have some cupranickle cores built or where i can get mine fixed being they are slainless steel i would appreciate it greatly as mine are starting to leak . need to start getting some options so i can figure out what i want to do. thanks......a stud goes in the one end. has a broken one in it now.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,853 Posts
I wish someone had some suggestions for repairing leaking intercoolers.

A question I have, are the intercoolers for the Gale banks unit and RaceAero units essentially the same? I have an intercooler from each one and they certainly look similar. The Gale Banks does have a stud on one end.
Are other Intercoolers similar or the same?

·
Some guy
3,634 Posts
I wish someone had some suggestions for repairing leaking intercoolers.

A question I have, are the intercoolers for the Gale banks unit and RaceAero units essentially the same? I have an intercooler from each one and they certainly look similar. The Gale Banks does have a stud on one end.
Are other Intercoolers similar or the same?
I am reasonably sure they are the same, perhaps with the exception of the stud. When I worked for Banks we got those in a huge crate that was on a pallet. I currently have a Race Aero intercooler here that I assembled onto an engine that is awaiting final finishing touches, so don't want to pull it back apart. I also have one of the Banks twin intercoolers here with a turbo kit I will probably end up selling.

If you can find a good, old fashioned radiator repair guy, he might be able to do a proper job of repairing a core?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts