Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
The Man
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time I took the boat out, it turned 5000rpms. Didn't have my gps so not sure what the mph was. Sunday I took it out..same setup with a 2* wedge and bowl transition adapter "rooster booster" and it only turned 4750-4800. Although it was about 30* warmer this time around. Does that sound right to lose that many rpms?

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
humidity and temp prob to blame cory, the air here is shitty right now.

·
The Man
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
humidity and temp prob to blame cory, the air here is shitty right now.
Yea, it was bad hot and humid the other day. Was March the first time I took it out and was pretty cool outside...but atleast now it throws a better tail :)sphss

·
Sit N' Spin
1,423 Posts
What was your engine water temp for both trips?

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,079 Posts
Although it was about 30* warmer this time around. Does that sound right to lose that many rpms?
Yep x 2

That's all it is that 30* temp swing is big to the engine. What was the temp the first time vs this time.

I called my dyno guy after I had a fall off of rpm due to a 30* temp change a couple of years back. The 30* = 7.5% loss in power, in my case 50HP at the given rpm range.

S CP :D

·
The Man
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yep x 2

That's all it is that 30* temp swing is big to the engine. What was the temp the first time vs this time.

I called my dyno guy after I had a fall off of rpm due to a 30* temp change a couple of years back. The 30* = 7.5% loss in power, in my case 50HP at the given rpm range.

S CP :D
The air temp was probably in the low 60s first time compared to mid 90s this time. I've seen how much difference it causes at the dragstrip but that's comparing apples to oranges.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts