Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Pete Kimbell passed away this morning.. He loved his family, friends and boat! Pete fought his disease like no other and he did not let it get him down. After I bought his boat he would call me at least monthly to check in on his baby. I would tell him it was still his I was only baby sitting it for him. RIP Pete..

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,040 Posts
Some years back, at Irvine Lake for a V-Drive Regatta, Pete pulled up closeby my RV and was trying to put the cover(s) on the boat. I jumped into help and I'll always remember what he said about his family, disease and boat...

"...My family has convinced me to plate her down for the last and final time...she is now officially for sale..."

Brought a tear to my eye then and now...see you again Pete...on the other side of the ramp...

Carl

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Pete was one-of kind. He was always there to help anyone in need, no matter what the subject matter. If it was in his area of expertise....a six pack was needed. He could talk the ears off a Donkey...:). He loved to be around people. Most of all he loved the Needles section of the River. Thirty years ago he was definitely the River Ringleader. When I met him his boat of choice was a 21' Schiada and later took possession of my Brother-in- law's Spitfire. He was hooked. Throughout the years his number one bucket list priority was breaking the 100 mph mark.....Congrats Bud ....104.
My hat is off to his Lovely wife Donna who nurtured him back to health many many times. Donna you have re-written the book of Sainthood. We love you.

I will miss you Pete........Rest Peacefully

·
Lookout I'm Crankin it Baby
6,576 Posts
In his later boating years...he needed help in and out of his boat...and the cool thing about Pete...he accepted help and was very gracious about it...you didn't feel funny about helping..

The last time at Needles with his boat...he went out for a spin and the motor was not doing well...as Pat would later find out...but Pete hit 96 on the GPS and he was grinning ear to ear...RIP Pete. We will down a few for ya in Sept...your favorite month..

·
Premium Member
3,359 Posts
Sad news. I never had the opportunity to meet Pete, however Pat told me all about him when I bought the Spitfire. My thoughts and prayers are with his wife and family. RIP Pete. Jocko

·
Registered
28 Posts
A prevliege to have met him.

I had the honor of meeting him at a Needles event, years ago. We visited and talked boats. Later we went on a cruise down river with my Biesemeyer and his friends pontoon. It was a great afternoon. I considered him a gentleman and one of the great memories from a Needles trip.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.