Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
08 Lighting Custom Boat
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i just took me new cat out for it first ever water run a few weeks ago and took the family out in it about a couple of weeks ago, and wow what a difference from a v hull and the cat. We are so happy with the new boat i wish i would have never wasted time with v hulls. My wife and son feel alot safer on the cat. I recommend everyone to step it up to a cat, best choice ever.

·
Ultra 27 Shadow
1,870 Posts
Well i just took me new cat out for it first ever water run a few weeks ago and took the family out in it about a couple of weeks ago, and wow what a difference from a v hull and the cat. We are so happy with the new boat i wish i would have never wasted time with v hulls. My wife and son feel alot safer on the cat. I recommend everyone to step it up to a cat, best choice ever.

What did you get?

·
AKA Blownjet 468
1,205 Posts
did you cringe when you were about to hit your first big roller( I did)?
only to float right over it like it wasn't even there! nothing beats the ride! congrats on your new cat:D

·
08 Lighting Custom Boat
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
did you cringe when you were about to hit your first big roller( I did)?
only to float right over it like it wasn't even there! nothing beats the ride! congrats on your new cat:D

Yes we did, LOL I couldn't beleive it. Thank you very much, we are so happy with it. Trying to get all the loose ends taken care of so we can get it to Havasu next weekend

·
08 Lighting Custom Boat
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Oh the 27ST. That is the old Orion 27 Nemesis hull. Congrats post pics as soon as you can. We boat the same area so I hope to see it in person if you are out Labor Day.
Yup!!! That is the one. I'm not too sure what the platform is from i'm kind of new and still learning about this boating stuff. So what kind of boat do you have?? Where do you take your boat out to?? We go to Lake Elsinior & Castaic. Well we are heading to Havasu for the labor day weekend, where are you headed to??

·
Ultra 27 Shadow
1,870 Posts
Yup!!! That is the one. I'm not too sure what the platform is from i'm kind of new and still learning about this boating stuff. So what kind of boat do you have?? Where do you take your boat out to?? We go to Lake Elsinior & Castaic. Well we are heading to Havasu for the labor day weekend, where are you headed to??

I have the Ultra 27 Shadow with a Teague 800. We boat out of Jack Smith in Needles. I thought before you mentioned that you launched out of there as well? Labor Day we will launch out of Jack Smith and run down to Park Moabi. What power did you go with?

Congrats and maybe we will see you out Labor Day.

Mike

·
08 Lighting Custom Boat
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have the Ultra 27 Shadow with a Teague 800. We boat out of Jack Smith in Needles. I thought before you mentioned that you launched out of there as well? Labor Day we will launch out of Jack Smith and run down to Park Moabi. What power did you go with?

Congrats and maybe we will see you out Labor Day.

Mike
WOW!!! VERY NICE BOAT. YES WE DO LAUNCH FROM JACK SMITH WHEN WE STAY UP IN LAUGHLIN, BUT WE ARE STAYING IN HAVASU THIS TIME. WELL MAYBE WE WILL CROSS PATHS THIS WEEKEND. I'M GOING TO TRY THIS PICTURE THING AGAIN

·
08 Lighting Custom Boat
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Looks very nice!! What power?
Thank you very much. Well it has a 496HO and I already have a whipple for it and also wanna do new headers. It will take time, plus I also wanna learn to drive it and learn how it handles before I do anything crazy. Maybe someday way down the road a bigger motor. Just don't tell my wife. LOL

1 - 20 of 31 Posts