Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Living in a cage of fear
16,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Redding Police Chief Peter Hansen sent letters to 9 marijuana dispensaries reminding them in no uncertain terms that pot is still illegal under federal law.

The letter comes after the O admin. earlier this year directed US attorneys not to enforce pot ban if they ran counter to State law, a move that triggered a rush of new dispensaries in Shasta Co and Redding.

"The law has not changed because of the whims of the AG and POTUS."
Hansen is quoted in an interview.
This is all paraphrased from this mornings Redding paper.

Shasta Co. and Redding is a very "old school" conservative area, but also supports a very high unemployed, welfare sector due in part to Sac. shipping jail releases up here as a matter of policy.
Robberies and actual home invasions have climbed dramatically recently, as they have elsewhere. It is good to see the local constables are still on our side.

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
i've never herd of anyone robbing a liqour store/quik stop/ or doin a home invasion of any type over weed. never herd of anyone wrecking from it either, can't say the same about alcohol:)bulb imo, its less dangerous than beer anyday

·
Premium Member
6,008 Posts
i've never herd of anyone robbing a liqour store/quik stop/ or doin a home invasion of any type over weed. never herd of anyone wrecking from it either, can't say the same about alcohol:)bulb imo, its less dangerous than beer anyday

:))eek:))hil:)hil:)

Umm yeah right, there's been a rash of pot store holdups in Cali with people getting shot, the beaners that have grow operations in the state shoot people, dealers of all drugs have been battling it out in cities across the US for decades. Then there's that little drug war going on in Messico right now.
The weed store in the same shopping center where one of my favorite restaurants is is run by messican gangbangers. A legal pot store.

Nope, no crime associated with dope.:)sphss:)hand:)hand

·
E-7 Sheepdog (ret)
6,834 Posts
I guess I'm the only one who noticed that things that I don't hear of, DO HAPPEN.

·
Living in a cage of fear
16,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am not really an anti-pot zealot. Lord knows I smoked my share and more in my younger days.:)devil

But as a way of life, and with "outlets" being abused, it is not a small matter concerning the safety of this community, IMO.
In itself, no big deal. But the users and producers, to some degree at least, are not the kind of everyday productive people. At least not in this county.

It is big business, and there are a LOT of tweekers around here that also ABUSE mary jane.

I was more happy to see that the Chief was not folding to pressure from above, at least not yet.....

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
:))eek:))hil:)hil:)

Umm yeah right, there's been a rash of pot store holdups in Cali with people getting shot, the beaners that have grow operations in the state shoot people, dealers of all drugs have been battling it out in cities across the US for decades. Then there's that little drug war going on in Messico right now.
The weed store in the same shopping center where one of my favorite restaurants is is run by messican gangbangers. A legal pot store.

Nope, no crime associated with dope.:)sphss:)hand:)hand
That restaurant wouldn't be Jack's ...would it?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts