Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
the lil nordic needs more cam and less impellor, but i can't decide which way to go with it. the boat will be for sale but i wanted to upgrade the valvetrain beforehand to make sure it gets into the 80's on this motor. not sure what someone would rather have in it, the hull has a flat keel so turnin 6500 ain't gonna happen without detonate'n some impellors:)st the solid roller cam set-up i have peaks around 6800, so its alil on the big side for this motor.

the motor's got flat tops and 049's, 60 over, whatever compression that makes it, i didn't build it so that's all i know bout it.i snagged a single plane dart intake for it, and i think i've found a comp cams extreme marine k-kit that might do better than the solid set-up i have. tell me what yall think , i'm no good picking out lil cams for lil motors. for 329.00 this kit comes with a hyd comp cam, lifters, pushrods,chain set, locks, retainers, springs, lube, and tee shirt,lol:

Cam Grind Number: 305AH

Advertised Duration: 305(Intake) & 312(Exhaust)

Intake Duration @ .050 in. Lift: 253

Exhaust Duration @ .050 in. Lift: 260

Valve Lift with 1.7:1 Rocker Arm Ratio: 0.575(Intake) & 0.600(Exhaust)

Lobe Separation Angle: 110°

i like the lift, but duration is alil much i would think.i can feel that the springs are dead over 5400rpms currently, so a spring change was in ordered regardless, figured i'd upgrade while i was at it.cut the impellor to a b-cut and throw in a uwr.

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
desktop dyno cam iterator program and comp camquest both say to run the hyd cam over the solid 1 i have:D lol, the camquest program actually picked it out as the best match for ther motor, says 540hp at 6k, 514ftlbs at 5k. that's good nuff for a b-cut to turn 6k i would think, phuck it, if it don't i'll spray da biatch:)devil

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
tom flat tops with 049s,lol!!!thats like 8-1 compression.

that cam is way to big imo.

i have used a 282s comp its a solid flat tappet,236-561 110 106 it would work great with your set-up;)

okay tom heres the deal,if the 049s are stock 600 lift is going to get you no where.

8-1 compression with that kinda duration,wow it will be a turd.

those programs are full of shit,that motor with a better cam and intake,probably more like 450hp if that much.

b-cut 500hp is 5500.so figure from there.me personally wouldnt waste the money and time for a roller set-up when the rpm range you are going to be in is going to be a waste.as always just my .02.travis:)hand

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
tom whats wrong with a herbert hyd.cam:)bulb

you can get them very cheap and they work decent.:D

i would not get out of the 240s at .050(really the 230s and lift well if the heads are stock, with stock valves hell then your really pissing in the wind,but i wouldnt go near .600 lift stay around the .550 mark or less.

i like the solid flats.that comp 282s we have ran in several flat top mills with stock to modified heads always done wonderful on low budget builds.

come on you pussy don't be scared:)devil

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
not looking for low end power, i'm ordering the kit i picked out, its the best off the shelf comp cam for this thing to run up to 6k, comes with everything i need, and being hyd it'll be low maintenance;)

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
not looking for low end power, i'm ordering the kit i picked out, its the best off the shelf comp cam for this thing to run up to 6k, comes with everything i need, and being hyd it'll be low maintenance;)
okay whatever you say:)bulblow end power hell you wont have anything but a turd:)hand:p

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
okay whatever you say:)bulblow end power hell you wont have anything but a turd:)hand:p
go to bb on labor day and line up with it, 468 vs 468, i'll even spray it to make things even:D

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
go to bb on labor day and line up with it, 468 vs 468, i'll even spray it to make things even:D
okay ill be there hold your breath;)i havent raced anyone or anything this year.

im just trying to make it till the end of the season with smokey;)i havent even filled my bottles,just been going out cruizing.

tom if thats what you want for a cam go for it.:)devilimo its to big for all the stock shit you have and wont make peak power in your rpm range thats all i was suggesting.good luck bro.:)grn

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
okay ill be there hold your breath;)i havent raced anyone or anything this year.

im just trying to make it till the end of the season with smokey;)i havent even filled my bottles,just been going out cruizing.

tom if thats what you want for a cam go for it.:)devilimo its to big for all the stock shit you have and wont make peak power in your rpm range thats all i was suggesting.good luck bro.:)grn
i would agree with ya if this motor had large valves, but it don't homie;) that cam will peak tq at 5k, hp at 6k, the roller set-up is gonna be into the high 6's before it peaks, and this motor ain't balanced:)sphss

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
how bout the same k-kit with this cam:

113 centerline
240 253 durations
575 595 lift

its a nitrous cam, would help with compression:)bulb

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
how bout the same k-kit with this cam:

113 centerline
240 253 durations
575 595 lift

its a nitrous cam, would help with compression:)bulb
i dont like the 113 but it is better.

tom no matter what the heads will hold it back and you wont make the power you think.i promise this:)devil

hey pick whatever you want no matter what its better than whats in there.

tom hope to see you soon.ready to throw done;)

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i dont like the 113 but it is better.

tom no matter what the heads will hold it back and you wont make the power you think.i promise this:)devil

hey pick whatever you want no matter what its better than whats in there.

tom hope to see you soon.ready to throw done;)
i just want all it has to be making it to the pump;) that 113 killed topend power on camquest, the 110 i listed 1st makes more over 5krpms. and peaks tq at 5k, the 113 peaks wayyyyyy down low(like 3k) and peaks hp at 5k:)sphss
i'm gonna let the dd cam iterator run all weekend and see what it comes up with after 40hrs or so:)bulb then maybe i'll have dougherbert grind it, did that with steve's bbf in his sj and it sure runs good for a low compression bit. the iterator ran for 24hrs before it picked out his cam.

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i pm'd chris straub about grinding me a cam for it, i'll leave it in his hands;)

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
good luck,spend that money on a turd:p
this turd will still smoke your's:D:)devil with less compression to boot:p

she's purdyyyyy and will be doin 80+ on motor soon nuff on the cheapest fuel, that's just a well rounded boat imo;):D hope someone else thinks so, need to get it on the market before labor day:)bulb

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
this turd will still smoke your's:D:)devil with less compression to boot:p

she's purdyyyyy and will be doin 80+ on motor soon nuff on the cheapest fuel, that's just a well rounded boat imo;):D hope someone else thinks so, need to get it on the market before labor day:)bulb

l):amekeep dreaming:)hand

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
l):amekeep dreaming:)hand
lol, it'd be a good race on motor, but ya know the tunnel will pull by yo ass by 1/2 track just by desgin;) been temped to buy a cheap 496 kit and slam over into it.xmas is too close now though:)sphsschris is grinding the cam fo me:)devil

·
Premium Member
1,683 Posts
lol, it'd be a good race on motor, but ya know the tunnel will pull by yo ass by 1/2 track just by desgin;) been temped to buy a cheap 496 kit and slam over into it.xmas is too close now though:)sphsschris is grinding the cam fo me:)devil
PM me your address, cam is calculated and specs are PM to you. Or should I say the cam is "picked" . ..better not it has been a nice enviroment around here.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts