Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be rigging a TX 19 in a few weeks and had this on my mind! What setup differences do you incounter with the low profile intakes? Motor plates,rail kits, etc.? And would it add performance by just adding a low profile intake? WT:)devil

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
lots of variables ,What intake are you considering and are you going back in the same relative position as the current ? do you already have a rail kit and what drive line (length) etc Tom

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Tom, I was thinking of stock location and the rail kit I got from you and all the other rigging! Drive line will be a Jet-a-way with a standard 1350. I think that the rail kit is Lightning! On intake whatever would work best maybe MPD or? WT:)devil (AKA Coby)

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
Tom, I was thinking of stock location and the rail kit I got from you and all the other rigging! Drive line will be a Jet-a-way with a standard 1350. I think that the rail kit is Lightning! On intake whatever would work best maybe MPD or? WT:)devil (AKA Coby)
mpd:)devil

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
If your are going to bed the intake casting in the same cut out, the jet it self will be approximatley 2" further forward. Running a jet-away and a 1350 you most likeley wont encounter any pan depth issues as the engine will be far enough forward to clear the intake. and your rails will "adapt" Tom

heres some info from Jacks site : http://home.pacbell.net/jmcclure/LoProIntake.html

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
need to keep it set-back coby, call ervin and talk to him about setting the intake for ya.you get too much weight too far forward in that gullwing and its gonna handle ill.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
way far back!!!high pro intake

my vote is to:)bulbstick it as far out of the boat as possible,set it so the handhole cover is atleast 12 inches back from the transom and hey put 2 bowl spacers and longest droop they make:D

or you could talk to someone that knows what they are doing and has been around for awhile;)

but i really do like my idea:)sphssgood luck coby:)handTravis

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
scott/ervin, it don't matter which 1 as they're both schooled well in low pros, i'd let them do it before tacklin in myself:)bulb i've set a couple intakes and its no fun:)sphss

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
scott/ervin, it don't matter which 1 as they're both schooled well in low pros, i'd let them do it before tacklin in myself:)bulb i've set a couple intakes and its no fun:)sphss

you didnt like my idea:)handi bet it would work great:D

yes they are both very well schooled in the process,as alot of others.

i was mainly jackin with coby:)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Low Pro

If you want a low profile intake with a history of success go with the PPP.

Since you are in the AR area call Erv Capps. He has some very fast boats and a ton of experience with the intakes and the pop-offs.

If you need I can get you his number.

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
you didnt like my idea:)handi bet it would work great:D

yes they are both very well schooled in the process,as alot of others.

i was mainly jackin with coby:)
not the ideal way of doin it:p

ervin put hass's meirsh low pro intake in and did an awesome job:)devil he picked up alot of performance

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
advantage??low vs reg.

might i ask the overall advantages of these low pro intakes:)bulb

i dont really know cobys overall goal of this build(mph,e.t.ect.)

but say i was buildin my Tx.

i for one dont care to go 100 plus in a gullwing style boat,say i want 100mph and that is plenty fast for me.guys have been doing this with ease for along time with standard intakes.

so what would a average guy gain from the intake,when i say average the regular run of the mill lake feller:)

i think this could be a good discussion for non-race to full race boats.Travis

·
B1 Racing
6,523 Posts
Sure you could it it with a 4 degree intake. It could be achieved even easier or with less HP with a low profile vs. a 4 degree.

might i ask the overall advantages of these low pro intakes:)bulb

i dont really know cobys overall goal of this build(mph,e.t.ect.)

but say i was buildin my Tx.

i for one dont care to go 100 plus in a gullwing style boat,say i want 100mph and that is plenty fast for me.guys have been doing this with ease for along time with standard intakes.

so what would a average guy gain from the intake,when i say average the regular run of the mill lake feller:)

i think this could be a good discussion for non-race to full race boats.Travis

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
"trickest popoff available"? how does one measure the level of "trick" in an aftermarket part?

pretty bold statement right there.

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
Sure you could it it with a 4 degree intake. It could be achieved even easier or with less HP with a low profile vs. a 4 degree.
:)devil there's finally a gullwing locally with a meirsch low pro intake that was installed correctly and he's put some big hp in it:)grn the way everyone races at broken bow, he's gonna catch them wayyyy off guard with the way the boat will leave now:)grn:)hand he was at my house saturday and we were discussing the power level needed to knock out the other gwings there, and he's dropping the dime on it all:p

·
Registered
4,677 Posts

okay thanks Chris,yes these are things i have read,talked with others about.

so what i have gathered if you were doing a build and went with a low pro install.

say you have a motor that makes 700hp and you have a reg.style intake.

if you went with the low pro deal,what could a individual expect in gains.

for example is the take off going to be so much better like its unreal compared to what you have before?

is the e.t. going to jump off the charts?
major mph gains?
easier to set your hardware for maximum effort?
these are questions that stick in my mind when you drop the dime on a low pro intake and the hardware.

from what i gather it makes a difference.

just how much for a river runner/lake runner like me,not a racer.just the average cove racer guy.

as for the spam shit i thought it was uncalled for also:)handTravis

·
Amber Racing Services
4,339 Posts
okay thanks Chris,yes these are things i have read,talked with others about.

so what i have gathered if you were doing a build and went with a low pro install.

say you have a motor that makes 700hp and you have a reg.style intake.

if you went with the low pro deal,what could a individual expect in gains.

for example is the take off going to be so much better like its unreal compared to what you have before?

is the e.t. going to jump off the charts?
major mph gains?
easier to set your hardware for maximum effort?
these are questions that stick in my mind when you drop the dime on a low pro intake and the hardware.

from what i gather it makes a difference.

just how much for a river runner/lake runner like me,not a racer.just the average cove racer guy.

as for the spam shit i thought it was uncalled for also:)handTravis
it's going to be hard to tell what each and every boat's reaction will be. too many variables.

just remember that it takes less HP if the water has fewer changes in direction ... this is why a low profile intake is more desirable, it gives the pump a more effective line.

1 - 20 of 135 Posts