Performance Boats Forum banner

Low Pro Intake?

15K views 134 replies 29 participants last post by  BUSBY 
#1 ·
I will be rigging a TX 19 in a few weeks and had this on my mind! What setup differences do you incounter with the low profile intakes? Motor plates,rail kits, etc.? And would it add performance by just adding a low profile intake? WT:)devil

#3 · (Edited)
Tom, I was thinking of stock location and the rail kit I got from you and all the other rigging! Drive line will be a Jet-a-way with a standard 1350. I think that the rail kit is Lightning! On intake whatever would work best maybe MPD or? WT:)devil (AKA Coby)

#6 ·
need to keep it set-back coby, call ervin and talk to him about setting the intake for ya.you get too much weight too far forward in that gullwing and its gonna handle ill.

#8 ·
way far back!!!high pro intake

my vote is to:)bulbstick it as far out of the boat as possible,set it so the handhole cover is atleast 12 inches back from the transom and hey put 2 bowl spacers and longest droop they make:D

or you could talk to someone that knows what they are doing and has been around for awhile;)

but i really do like my idea:)sphssgood luck coby:)handTravis

#9 ·
scott/ervin, it don't matter which 1 as they're both schooled well in low pros, i'd let them do it before tacklin in myself:)bulb i've set a couple intakes and its no fun:)sphss

#13 ·
advantage??low vs reg.

might i ask the overall advantages of these low pro intakes:)bulb

i dont really know cobys overall goal of this build(mph,e.t.ect.)

but say i was buildin my Tx.

i for one dont care to go 100 plus in a gullwing style boat,say i want 100mph and that is plenty fast for me.guys have been doing this with ease for along time with standard intakes.

so what would a average guy gain from the intake,when i say average the regular run of the mill lake feller:)

i think this could be a good discussion for non-race to full race boats.Travis

#15 ·
Sure you could it it with a 4 degree intake. It could be achieved even easier or with less HP with a low profile vs. a 4 degree.

might i ask the overall advantages of these low pro intakes:)bulb

i dont really know cobys overall goal of this build(mph,e.t.ect.)

but say i was buildin my Tx.

i for one dont care to go 100 plus in a gullwing style boat,say i want 100mph and that is plenty fast for me.guys have been doing this with ease for along time with standard intakes.

so what would a average guy gain from the intake,when i say average the regular run of the mill lake feller:)

i think this could be a good discussion for non-race to full race boats.Travis

#31 ·
until youre absolutely sure that the shoe has the right opening and biting edge depth for your boat, it would be a waste of time to make that transition perfect. you might go through all the work to make it perfect and then discover you need to drop the shoe again, raise it up, close or open the opening.

#40 ·
My motor runs on gas from a pump just a little more octane haha .. Boat dont do to bad for a lake boat .. Id' like to try my 540 against yours outta be intersting since its both our boys driving now .
Hey Steve this is Kevin here not John, It ought to be a good race my brother got his boat (the boat outta Dallas you told me about) runnin pretty damn good with the little small block in it.

#49 ·
until youre absolutely sure that the shoe has the right opening and biting edge depth for your boat, it would be a waste of time to make that transition perfect. you might go through all the work to make it perfect and then discover you need to drop the shoe again, raise it up, close or open the opening.
Well said. This guy knows what he's talking about. If you blend it in before you install it, and then find you have to add shoe, you have a ridge there. A ridge at that point is a lot worse for flow than a little low spot. That viod, (not the propper term), is so that you can add the amount of shoe that you need without disrupting the flow. When you've finally settled in on the perfect amount of shoe you need, then you can blend it in.
Duane HTP

#50 · (Edited)
Thanks for the input i was just wondering why that much of a step , did not realize that that was his initial set up. I would hate to think that someone would think that would get you maximum performance. I have a couple of shoes to set up with that arent all perfect at first ( but alot closer than that) but are once final set up is determined. Just reiterating that it does matter!!!!

#52 ·
Wtf

it amazes me that this thread has turned into another pissing match:|err

kindal):ame

so normal guys calling guys out that dont even know each other.

so back to the real thread thanks Busby for the pics.

you have answered my real questions and hopefully Coby understands the benefits better like i have.

best of luck,Travis

#55 ·
it amazes me that this thread has turned into another pissing match:|err

kindal):ame

so normal guys calling guys out that dont even know each other.

so back to the real thread thanks Busby for the pics.

you have answered my real questions and hopefully Coby understands the benefits better like i have.

best of luck,Travis
I dont know how you could call it a pissing macth when noone cussed anyone out, noone threatened to kick anyones ass, and Im still here instead of on my way to Oklahoma to thump on someone, so as far as I am concerned its been just a regular ole discussion......

#53 ·
That looks like what I had to do to my intake. The opening was way too big so I made a shoe that closed it off some.

Looks like you can move the shoe back to increase the size of the opening if you ever put some serious HP to it and can really move some water.

#54 ·
Well,I did get some info.:D I was playing with the idea that since the stock intake was out and a lot of work was going into this boat. That I might change it to low pro. If it would help performance,hole shot, MPH,maybe even MPG!!! We all know that last one doesn't matter:D!!!! Cyclone,CS19,Busby,Duane,Josh thanks for the info.and pix. This does sound like a good piece to look into! If it would not work well on a fast cruiser let it be said that would be the best info!! Thanks guys WT:)devil

#58 ·
i say do it,if money allows sounds like the benefits are all around excellent.

remember you are not going to reset the intake for along time(hopefully)so what a great time :)devil
Hopefully ONCE! I will talk with the man about this and get his opinion! Since he is the one setting the intake! I have to stay focused:)sphss money doesen't grow from trees, oh I forgot it does in my line of work:D:D:D but,it doesn't come easy at all! WT:)devil

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.