Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Administrator
16,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the hot setup.

Was wondering if it puts the pump into the water out the back of the boat? and more drag but better loading?

As compared to our boat that is up on the ride plate and nozzle in the air.
Ours is most definately old school with the superjet intake.

Just curious

Attachments

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Looks a little tight to me but it depends on what you are trying to do and the hull type.

What set up do you have in it now?

I'm sure other on here can explain a low profile intake better than I but my understanding is that it lessons the entry angle of the water giving it a more direct (straight) path to follow. With the less bend the pump is more efficient.

This may help as well:

http://home.pacbell.net/jmcclure/LoProIntake.html

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
i've thought about selling the motor outta my nordic, have a low profile intake put in with a small keel over the winter, drop in my lil sbc project and see wtf it'd do. i think the low profile intake with the lesser entry angle would really help my flat keeled tunnel, as i'm sure alil keel would as well.

fuel, which boat has the low pro and which doesn't?

·
Administrator
16,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep a gradual turn of the water is much better.

Maybe I am mistaken about it lowering the elevation of the pump.

Was looking at a pic of a boat running with a low pro intake and only about half of the bowl is visible, it has a droop with the steering straight out to the tiller. And the steering rod is barely out of the water. So most of the pump is dragging through the water.

pic is here

http://dragboats.com/gallery/picture_detail.php?PictureID=13773&RecID=8

·
Registered
1,868 Posts

Was looking at a pic of a boat running with a low pro intake and only about half of the bowl is visible, it has a droop with the steering straight out to the tiller. And the steering rod is barely out of the water. So most of the pump is dragging through the water.
MPD Low Profile intake:

·
Registered
3,623 Posts

pic is here

http://dragboats.com/gallery/picture_detail.php?PictureID=13773&RecID=8

what you're seeing is water spraying out the tunnel next to the bowl. the bowl is not dragging in the water.

·
Administrator
16,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Good thanks.

Thats why I posted up the pic.

what you're seeing is water spraying out the tunnel next to the bowl. the bowl is not dragging in the water.

·
Boat Nut
5,131 Posts
A low profile intake will lower the entire pump, the bowl will nearly touch the ride plate. CS19 posted up dimensions of all the low profile intakes at one time.

·
LIQUID QUARTER MILE
562 Posts
futs

want more detailed pics of ur turd in and out if ya dont mind:)hand

·
Premium Member
7,464 Posts
Chuck the reason is for some "comparative measurements on my boat , Actually meant "length" past the hull not width I'm try to come up with some "relative" measurments re intake placement Tom
sorry for the thread jack Ron

1 - 20 of 34 Posts