Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats the purpose of a low profile intake and under what conditions would u need one?

·
I'm famous !
7,043 Posts
whats the purpose of a low profile intake and under what conditions would u need one?
Engine cover would dictate needing one

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
some boats will get the point where they have to feed the pump alot of shoe or loader to maintain intake pressure, well that's a bad thing if you expect a nice shutdown too. say your clipping along at 110, it takes alot of hardware to keep the pump fed , otherwise itll jus "run over" what water is available to load since the angle is steeper to the pump and your moving so fast. low pro intake drops the pump down further into the water plus has alot less throat angle for the water to have to "climb".not necessary to get all stupid with hardware bite to get the same intake pressure you normally would, if that makes sense. im sure there's other reasons, but that's my reasoning. less friction between you and the water=faster

·
Registered
950 Posts
some boats will get the point where they have to feed the pump alot of shoe or loader to maintain intake pressure, well that's a bad thing if you expect a nice shutdown too. say your clipping along at 110, it takes alot of hardware to keep the pump fed , otherwise itll jus "run over" what water is available to load since the angle is steeper to the pump and your moving so fast. low pro intake drops the pump down further into the water plus has alot less throat angle for the water to have to "climb".not necessary to get all stupid with hardware bite to get the same intake pressure you normally would, if that makes sense. im sure there's other reasons, but that's my reasoning. less friction between you and the water=faster
does this mean that it only helps when you are going a 100 or more? seems like it would help with the take off no?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts