Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The CBS Sports Spectacular will feature Lucas Oil Drag Boat Racing and a showcase of action packed Top Fuel Hydro, Top Alcohol Hydro, Top Alcohol Flat, and Pro Modified racing from Wheatland, MO taped July 31 2011 at Lucas Oil Speedway. This high horsepower motorsport showcases 8,000 horse power boats that skim over the race course at over 250 M.P.H. in under three and a half seconds. The racers of the Lucas Oil Drag Boat Racing Series put their lives on the line every race out to chase championship honors, and entertain their fans.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Yea, heard this from a Eddie Knox email, was waiting until it was in print, we will be watching :thumb:

·
PUMPED UP
65 Posts
tv

The CBS Sports Spectacular will feature Lucas Oil Drag Boat Racing and a showcase of action packed Top Fuel Hydro, Top Alcohol Hydro, Top Alcohol Flat, and Pro Modified racing from Wheatland, MO taped July 31 2011 at Lucas Oil Speedway. This high horsepower motorsport showcases 8,000 horse power boats that skim over the race course at over 250 M.P.H. in under three and a half seconds. The racers of the Lucas Oil Drag Boat Racing Series put their lives on the line every race out to chase championship honors, and entertain their fans.
thanks for the heads up on that. my son and i watched this morning. he loves it as much as i do. he can relate and appreciate those boats because my last boat was a hydro.

:))THumbsUp

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
It was a great show, (I think). Only got to see about 1/3 of it. The Dish Network lost signal on all local channels here in Missouri about 11 minutes into the show. I think Dish owes us a re-run. That's terrible for the Advertising Dollars Lucas spent with them.

Hope to see more shows likt this.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think it's great that it was on network TV and not cable. I am glad Lucas is doing what it is doing and getting drag boat racing some exposure!

·
"BEER BUDGET RACING"
3,621 Posts
good job CBS

Wish there was enough time to show the sportsman classes. Love the pro claases, but im more down with the sportsman stuff. I understand the deal though, sponsors and air time/exposure.

·
Ain't Right Racin
1,706 Posts
It was a great show, (I think). Only got to see about 1/3 of it. The Dish Network lost signal on all local channels here in Missouri about 11 minutes into the show. I think Dish owes us a re-run. That's terrible for the Advertising Dollars Lucas spent with them.

Hope to see more shows likt this.
The same thing happened to me Damn

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Tivo'd this yesterday , wife and I watched it post lake trip today Very cool ! Incredible place ! Hats off to Lucas , congratulations to all the Racers , Crews & Sponsors

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That track is 4000 feet long , 400 feet wide and 10 feet deep. That comes out to 16 million gallons of water , and a shit load of fun!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts