Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seriously, is this grease ok for Hi-Temp disc brake wheel bearings, or more suited for ball joints?

·
Premium Member
5,115 Posts
That's what I use, no problems so far

·
northern member
602 Posts
you asked about "Hi-Temp" disc brakes so wondering if this might be for your vette ? red and tacky good stuff in the boat trailer hubs and ball joints , think I look for something a little lighter if it's for the vette :yes:

·
Platinum Member
2,014 Posts
I buy it by the case for lubing, heavy equipment and drive lines

High temp wheel bearing grease is a little different blend.

Marine grease is a special blend also.

·
Premium Member
5,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you asked about "Hi-Temp" disc brakes so wondering if this might be for your vette ? red and tacky good stuff in the boat trailer hubs and ball joints , think I look for something a little lighter if it's for the vette :yes:
actually yes for the Vette...When I first started using Red & Tacky I thought it was just that. But now it seems thin and the oil will run out of it quite easily.
A grease called Mystic G-6 EP2 at Walmart is gettig good reviews...and it's inexpensive too.

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
actually yes for the Vette...When I first started using Red & Tacky I thought it was just that. But now it seems thin and the oil will run out of it quite easily.
A grease called Mystic G-6 EP2 at Walmart is gettig good reviews...and it's inexpensive too.
I believe it JT6. All Mytic greases are JT6.
Mystic is the shiznit. Their multi purpose #2 grease makes anything Lucas makes look down right water soluble.

You don't want their EP for disc brakes. Their plain Hi temp #2 is what you want.

If you find a GOOD quality grease that isn't expensive, let me know.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
northern member
602 Posts
the lucas seems to have lots of oil in it which i think is good for wheel bearings . just not sure if that tacky stuff is the best for a hi-speed app. like a vette , but probably be fine . a grade 1.5 synthetic blend that's not so tacky might be better .

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
I believe it JT6. All Mytic greases are JT6.
Mystic is the shiznit. Their multi purpose #2 grease makes anything Lucas makes look down right water soluble.

You don't want their EP for disc brakes. Their plain Hi temp #2 is what you want.

If you find a GOOD quality grease that isn't expensive, let me know.
Good to know mystic is good stuff .pretty easy to get around here and cheaper than red n tacky.the county guys use mystic oil and grease on their stuff and seem to like it but ive never tried it.

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts

·
Registered
877 Posts
Good to know mystic is good stuff .pretty easy to get around here and cheaper than red n tacky.the county guys use mystic oil and grease on their stuff and seem to like it but ive never tried it.
Have seen failures with mystic in jet pump thrust bearings. Don't know which Mystic but do know it was mystic. Seems to wash out really easy.

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
Have seen failures with mystic in jet pump thrust bearings. Don't know which Mystic but do know it was mystic. Seems to wash out really easy.
Also good to know!

·
Premium Member
5,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Not really valid... being you didn't know what grease you used. Any product used improperly or not as specified may cause failures.

I just read an in depth review how Mystik® JT-6® Hi-Temp Grease #2 resists wash-out better then many tested 'marine' specific greases yet, it also has the hi-temp usage for disc brake bearings...seems to be the best for both worlds?

I've been reading some truly good things about Mystic Hi-Temp Grease #2 > but one odd thing, it does have a lower 'drop point' vs the Lucas Red & Tacky being 540

Sometimes the more I research a product the more I chase my own tail, key word being >"sometimes"

1 - 14 of 14 Posts