Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
I Got A 17" Powerbook.. Love It. Very Easy. I Dont Use It For A 10th Of What It Is Designed For. Try Craigslist They Have An Apple Section

·
Registered
880 Posts
I have had my Powerbook Ti for about 5 years, never had a problem. Apples pricing is set so no real deals unless you buy right now on www.apple.com store free shipping and no tax unless you live in Cali. I would be careful buying any computer on ebay or Craigslist unless you know the seller.

·
Abnormal Member
509 Posts
I have a MacBook Pro 17'' have had it for 2 years and it is the best move I made for a computer there are no viruses to worry about and there are no pop up screens especially if you use Mozilla Firefox as a browser.

I bought mine from the factory refurbished side of the Apple Store that is the absolute best deal you are going to find on the net. I have never had any trouble with the ones have purchased. Here is a link to the refurb store.

http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/specialdeals?mco=MTE3NDE

·
Member In Training
1,985 Posts
I have a MacBook Pro 17'' have had it for 2 years and it is the best move I made for a computer there are no viruses to worry about and there are no pop up screens especially if you use Mozilla Firefox as a browser.

I bought mine from the factory refurbished side of the Apple Store that is the absolute best deal you are going to find on the net. I have never had any trouble with the ones have purchased. Here is a link to the refurb store.

http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/specialdeals?mco=MTE3NDE
ditto here..... Ichat is great with the built-in camera and aside from having to buy some Office (word/excel/powerpoint) software, has truly been a no operating cost machine for 2 years now. Hate using regular pc's now :|err

·
You who rock I salute you
3,339 Posts
I got the Mac Book, paid $2 grand.
I cussed it until I went to a owners-users class at the Apple store,, and now wish the whole house was Apple.

It's fantastic.
Ain't cheap, but once you get the hang of them they are excellent.

Especially after dealing with Vista.
We'll never go back to Windows.

Don't drop it. The screens shatter easily, but you can buy a new screen on e Bay for $75.

·
The Pool Bitch
4,236 Posts
I've had the one I'm on now, and the only problem I ever had I caused. No viruses, no adware, no problems. Gotta love it, I will never buy anything else.

·
3,339 Posts
Take the free users seminars at the Apple store.

They have more tallent in those little computers than you'll ever dream.
Especially editing and mixing movies.

The program all of Hollywood uses is Final Cut.
Final Cut is an expanded version of what you get stock on your Mac.

Yeah,, I know, my videos still suck anyway.
But the editing is excellent cause of MAC.

·
The Pool Bitch
4,236 Posts
They have the best customer support of any electronic piece of equipment I have ever owned. You can either use phone support, or get hands on help at one of their stores.

·
....like warm apple pie
1,681 Posts
Ive been on a MacBook Pro for a couple of years now. Great system. Im also running XP Pro on it for support at work. We've been an Apple family for about 6 years now......love it!!!

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Thanks for the input everyone. I appreciate it. Gonna place an order this weekend. One other thing...is the 13.3 Laptop to small ya think ? or is the new 15.4 better? I havent seen them in person yet...but I do like the new Aluminum casing for the new macbook Pros. Oh...and what software did you all get with it, Office, I work etc??? Any pros and cons? Im going to use it for work as well...so powerpoint/excel/word will be needed....

·
3,339 Posts
If you want to run Windows, ya have to download Bootcamp first.
It won't slow things down.

Then ya need virus protection for the Windows & Windows programing only.
The Apple stuff is still bullet proof.

AVG free works fine with superanitspyware free as well.
Or the pay avg and skip the superantispyware part.

·
Registered
885 Posts
I have a Macbook Pro 17 10.5.2 Leopard OS and Windows XP boot-camp. Plus I have a MacBook Air with Windows Vista boot-camp. I sell CAD software that runs under both Mac and Windows OS. Mac's are the best computers on the market. Buy it at a Apple Store

1 - 16 of 16 Posts