Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to have my crank turned and a light hone job done. Anyone have any suggestions for a shop in the so cal area that could take care of me? Im hoping for a pretty quick turn around, found out my bearings were shot in my mill. I am surprised I had any oil pressure at all! Thanks ahead of time.

~Brian

·
Bostick Racing Engines
1,063 Posts
ahhh... a little further north than I am familiar with. Sorry couldn't be any help.

·
688 Posts
I used Paul Pfaff in Huntington Beach. That might be farther than you wanted to travel though. :)coffee

·
Amber Racing Services
4,339 Posts
Marine Crank in Santa Ana ... (714) 549-2388 ask for Dave

best in the business IMO, they do all of Crower/KB/Bryant's cranks

As Greg said though, Dougan's does a fine job too

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Good to know! He has a pretty quick turn around too which I like on accounts that I want to get this barge out on the water. Thanks man!

~Brian

·
Registered
8,169 Posts
And..........

And the bearings ate it because..............? No joke, what caused the failure?......It'll do it again if not corrected........MP

·
Registered
957 Posts
Lol that was a good one I actually thaought about that ounce i posted it, but i just want a real opinion if someone is gonna make comments like that, its not talking crap just an opinion and i was wondering who busby was talking about.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Bearings ate it because of debris I am assuming. Didn't have any bottom end knock and oil pressure was good. There had been water in the block at one time as well. The engine was running when I pulled it apart and had been together for quite some time. You got me why the rod bearings look the way they do.

*edit* After looking over the pistons and bearings I have concluded that they were haggard from detonation. When I got the boat it had 38 degrees of initial timing set!!!

~Brian

1 - 20 of 22 Posts