Performance Boats Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 358 Posts

·
Registered
6,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Went by Long Beach Yacht Sales in Stanton. Talked to the salesman and he said he is expecting 150 boats from Corona and AZ. He said he would know more about the pricing in a couple days. Most of the boats that I seen didn't have motors.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
I don't think so...not with the size of their parking lot. The beach location is right down the street from my office. Looks like my next couple weeks are chalk full of drive-bys.
X2 Looks like I might cruise up Beach rather than Valley View.

U

·
0 Posts
X2 Looks like I might cruise up Beach rather than Valley View.

You guys might be right. I just don't think the liquidator is going to give then away yet. But I guess we'll have to see. IMO the few finished boats that will be sold will be sold at about 10 to 15K behind MSRP.

·
Registered
6,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I don't think so...not with the size of their parking lot. The beach location is right down the street from my office. Looks like my next couple weeks are chalk full of drive-bys.
The lot is small. I helped him park a couple boats while I was there. He was putting them real close so he would have more room.

·
I am Roger..the Shrubber
1,080 Posts
The lot is small. I helped him park a couple boats while I was there. He was putting them real close so he would have more room.
The lot is real small in comparison to how much room the decks were taking up in Havi. I just went by last week and it looked like he was moving cause the lot was pretty much empty. Maybe this has been known...who knows.

It would be nice to see them unload them for about $75k. I don't think they'll move to fast but it won't hurt the market too much either.

·
"BOUGHT NOT BUILT"
8,077 Posts
The lot is real small in comparison to how much room the decks were taking up in Havi. I just went by last week and it looked like he was moving cause the lot was pretty much empty. Maybe this has been known...who knows.

It would be nice to see them unload them for about $75k. I don't think they'll move to fast but it won't hurt the market too much either.
your talking the finished ones with 525s right....I don't think you'll be able to give a magic away for the next couple or even longr, years

everyones gonna wonder if you got an auction boat and put your silverado engine and ebay drive on it

·
mach26 300's
1,216 Posts
your talking the finished ones with 525s right....I don't think you'll be able to give a magic away for the next couple or even longr, years

everyones gonna wonder if you got an auction boat and put your silverado engine and ebay drive on it
could not agree more steve, whoever buys one is gonna be someone who plans on keeping it a long ass time cause the resale is gonna be nothing with them out of business

·
BB572
227 Posts
Exactly!
The ones with no power will be even tougher to unload as financing an incomplete boat is difficult. Im very curious to see where they price them..
I think that financing on any one of these boats is going to be a pain. Completed boats included. A bank is definitely not going to want to lend on a boat that the manufacturer is out of business. It is also going to be extremely difficult to give a value to the finance company. If customer defaults, the bank will want to be able to recoup at least some of their money. Finding 150 buyers who can pay cash & not worry about a warranty will be difficult.

I have tried to get banks to lend on a boat that is sold less motor, and they wouldn't do it at all. That included a hefty down and a great credit score. Without serial numbers, the banks don't want to touch a boat!

1 - 20 of 358 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.