Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
MAMA TRIED
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was following the magic thread for a while but then I lost track of it. I havent been down to see them yet, but have a buddy that has. He said some are just sun beat, some look alright. I saw some of them in person before LBYS took hold. I have a few questions though

1. Has anyone on the forums bought one
2. whats the deal with them? Website's showing prices of 35 and 40k with more then I would think showing "sold"
3. If you actually got an 08 or 09 stamped hull, what are the smog rules on these. Would you be able to build a blown motor, or is that not even an option?

HERE WE GO :D

·
C Ya on da lake
6,991 Posts
I know someone that got one this last week.

carb rules exist for CA, you should be prepared to register in AZ to avoid that crap...

·
Registered
65 Posts
A good friend of mine is rigging two of them this week. I believe both of them are 2009 models and the owners paid 40k for each. Both boats are Arizona registered so no CARB issues.

·
MAMA TRIED
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the info. I'll look into those carb laws more. we have residence in AZ so that wouldn't be a problem registering. Motor's not a problem. we will see what happens i guess.

·
C Ya on da lake
6,991 Posts
A good friend of mine is rigging two of them this week. I believe both of them are 2009 models and the owners paid 40k for each. Both boats are Arizona registered so no CARB issues.
yeah, the one I know about this week had to be registered in CA (bummer).

·
Registered
283 Posts
Are you saying 40k with engine, drive and rigging or 40k + engine, drive and rigging ?

·
mach26 300's
1,216 Posts
wow i guess there are suckers born everyday and they are able to sell them. so prob around 70k to finish one with drive, 496ho, and rigging?

·
Registered
465 Posts
wow i guess there are suckers born everyday and they are able to sell them. so prob around 70k to finish one with drive, 496ho, and rigging?
That is probably a pretty accurate number when it is all said and done with.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Sounds like a lot of money for a boat with no warranty, but then again, what kind of problems can you have with the hull, the motor would still be warrantied by the manufacturer I assume.

·
Registered
223 Posts
2 weeks ago I was down at one of the few remaining custom boat builders in So Cal and was looking at their new boats. They were installing an engine and drive in one of the auction Magic deckboats from long beach. I went over and looked at it and was not impressed with the fit and finish on this one, and I have seen plenty of magic decks that looked great. The guy I was talking to said this boat had gauge problems and Livorsi would not warranty them because they were never paid for them. Buyer beware, I to was looking at these, but for what they want for them and how the used boat market has dropped, ( as was already said) I think I will pass.
Terry

1 - 17 of 17 Posts