Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From what I understand, magnetos only work in Oklahoma, but I figure Arkansas is close enough.... So maybe I'll get lucky?

If I install a Mag, what are my options for hooking up a Tach and Rev limiter?

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
if you run a mag, easy wiring and should work just fine (pending on your motor etc)
running a tach, do able, but it will be tough finding a 5" tach with the famous yellow wire, or you can try running the converter that MSD sells, i know a few guys that have tried it and it either didnt work or didnt read accurately.
Rev limiter - i have no experience there. I have never ran one with my Mag, i let my impeller do the limiting and out of the hole i just rolled into it so i didnt send it sky high.

·
Registered
6,577 Posts
From what I understand, magnetos only work in Oklahoma, but I figure Arkansas is close enough.... So maybe I'll get lucky?

lildave, just for clarification purposes. magnetos -can- work in other places, at least for awile; but they never fail in oklahoma.

·
Registered
6,287 Posts

Call this guy, He can fix you up with a tach converter THAT WORKS as well as rev limiter, rpm activated switches or what ever. Great guy to work with.
ETC Rev Limiters

1 - 4 of 4 Posts