Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Been here a while
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone heard about the new Mahindra trucks and SUVs coming to the states later this year?

Im starting to think I would rather invest in an Indian company than give my money to Obama Motors, Government Motors, or whatever the hell it is called.

GM pulled the plug on the 4.5L Duramax, and they will regret it.

The Mahindra truck has a 2.2L diesel, 6 Speed tranny, 1.3 ton payload, and gets over 30 mpg on the highway. Best of all 3rd world styling :D

http://www.mahindrana.com

Maybe not the best to pull long distance, but it will pull from a garage to a ramp no problem.

Looks to be the Jetta TDI of pickups.

·
Premium Member
6,008 Posts
Ford needed no bailout and you're going to buy an Indian truck?:)sphss
Does it come with a sacred cow on the door? If so they will sell BIG in Messico.:D

·
Been here a while
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Never said I was buying one, just a thought. Ford doesnt have a small diesel truck either. They also shelved their small block diesel. Im in need of a truck that gets good mileage and can pull some.

In 1954, Mahindra was setup as a franchise for building general purpose rides for Willys USA.
JEEPING ROOTS

·
Registered
452 Posts
Never said I was buying one, just a thought. Ford doesnt have a small diesel truck either. They also shelved their small block diesel. Im in need of a truck that gets good mileage and can pull some.

In 1954, Mahindra was setup as a franchise for building general purpose rides for Willys USA.
JEEPING ROOTS
Ford can't even make a big diesel that works worth a dam!:|err
The need to say screw it and just put the cummings in the dam trucks!
And yes I am a ford guy!:)hand

·
Banned
3,605 Posts
That Mahindra is one ugly mo fo!

The US car companies were *ucked long before Obama got into office. *ucked by themselves, by the UAW, and the US gov't. BTW, Obama is definately NOT improving the potential for the US automakers to make a comeback.

·
Premium Member
7,810 Posts
I think you're going to see a lot of "new to the U.S." and new car makers entering the market as Fiat screws up Chrysler and D.C. screws up Government Motors.
Ford may be the only "real" U.S. manufacturer in a few years if the administration doesn't try to put them out of business.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Ford needed no bailout and you're going to buy an Indian truck?:)sphss
Does it come with a sacred cow on the door? If so they will sell BIG in Messico.:D
I have 2 2004 Ford trucks. one a 6.0 F250 and a Ranger Edge. both have been realy disapointing.
Ford hasent seen fit to update the Ranger at all. it has way outdated powertrain and asthetics.
The Powerstroke is a huge POS! Love it when its running, but the monthly trips to the repair shop are a bummer to say the least.
The only vehicle that Ford makes that I would even consider at this point is the Mustang.
I would love to check out a diesel powered suv no matter eho makes it.

·
Twin squirt guns.
1,778 Posts
I have an '06 F150 FX4 and LOVE it! Wish it had a little more power but I don't drive fast anyway, so I am good.

Actually thinking about getting a new Fusion?? They have been getting much better reviews, especially the hybrids (oops did I say that word here?)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts