Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
40' of Skater
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In your vehicle!!! :D

I had a oil leak in both of my billet remote oil filter mounts so I sent them back last week hoping they would make it back for this weekend............wrong.:)st So I take my boat back to were I store it. I have a toolbox mounted in the bed to keep all of my boat stuff, things like spare starters, ignitions, alternators, spare battery, drive oil, staps, etc.

Anyway, as I am about a 1/4 mile away from my exit I hear a thump.....I look back and see the lid of my toolbox is open. I think to myself how strange that is because it latches pretty tight. I look back in my mirror again and think I see smoke.....no, I know I see smoke!!:D I always keep a little chrome fire extinguisher in the cab of my truck, so I grabbed it and jumped out.

Flames from the toolbox were as high as the open lid, sh*t!!!:))eek:)) I dumped the hole fire extinguisher on it and by luck it went out. I had a can of spray on tire shine that had rolled over to my spare battery and came to rest on both terminals. You could see were the positive put a hole in the can, sparked and starting the fire. It then hit the Marvel Mystery Oil and va voom!!! :D

Lucky it just melted a bunch of my spare parts and not my truck!!!!

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Have to say sorry first.

Now.... LMAO!!!!!!!! Since I know you well, i can actually see this whole thing happening.

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Have to say sorry first.

Now.... LMAO!!!!!!!! Since I know you well, i can actually see this whole thing happening.

It's not very nice to laugh at someone elses misfortune when preparing to take a cruise ship 70miles accross town!:D:D:D

·
Banned
4,599 Posts
It's not very nice to laugh at someone elses misfortune when preparing to take a cruise ship 70miles accross town!:D:D:D
There is definately lots of karma, or in this case truckma, to cross between Mesa-co and Pleasant, espeically in holiday traffic, which incidentally is already starting to be fubar. :D

·
Banned
4,599 Posts
:|err What he said:)hand
I thought your sister was some kind of photographer... that pic gives me a headache!! :|err:)sphss

1 - 9 of 9 Posts