Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
How hard would it be to take a 79 tahiti day crusier and give it a open bow???? and what would I have 2 do to reinforce the bow????....It seems like it wouldnt be that hard if I made a few bulk heads and glassed them in?????...I wouldnt want to touch the the dash.

·
Registered
762 Posts
I have a Hallett cruiser that was made into an open bow. It was done before I bought the boat, by Cole Boats according to the guy I bought it from. I have a few old photos that show some of the work that was done. They glassed in bulkheads and support around the bow. I'll see if I can find the pics and scan them.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a Hallett cruiser that was made into an open bow. It was done before I bought the boat, by Cole Boats according to the guy I bought it from. I have a few old photos that show some of the work that was done. They glassed in bulkheads and support around the bow. I'll see if I can find the pics and scan them.

that would be great if you could......It might be my winter prodject.

·
Half a bubble off
2,467 Posts
I may have an old HB magazine that shows them doing it to a boat. Turned out really well and didn't look too tough if you took your time. They did exactly what you're talking about by cutting the dash and glassing a couple bulkheads in to finish and support the dash. Can't remember what other bulkheads they added to support the front but I'll see if I can find it and bring it on Laborday

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I may have an old HB magazine that shows them doing it to a boat. Turned out really well and didn't look too tough if you took your time. They did exactly what you're talking about by cutting the dash and glassing a couple bulkheads in to finish and support the dash. Can't remember what other bulkheads they added to support the front but I'll see if I can find it and bring it on Laborday

thanks John that would be great.....I was thinking that it would be even easier to not mess with the dash at all...just cut a diamond shapped piece with a flate tip out of the bow and put a bulkhead at the front of the diamond and then at the back of the diamond.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts