Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Sanger mini daycruiser with a Ford 460 in it with a Mallory YLM567EV distributor . I'm not getting any spark . I checked the grounds and all the wiring and everthing seem ok . Do the magnetic breakerless ignition modules go bad ? If so how often do you need to replace them ? I'm no motor head and really need some help . Any advice would be great . :)bulb

·
Cantard
5,017 Posts
Yes they can, check and see if it is rusty or has any cracks in it. I am guessing you have checked for power at the coil?

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Here is how i recently solved my mallory problems...

Runs much better now...:)sphss

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
I'm not much of a mallory fan...but they can/do work. Does your set up have a ballast? If it does take a multi meter and check the voltage on both sides. I have a module if ya want one cheap.. If you want to pay shipping there and back I may loan it to ya.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm not much of a mallory fan...but they can/do work. Does your set up have a ballast? If it does take a multi meter and check the voltage on both sides. I have a module if ya want one cheap.. If you want to pay shipping there and back I may loan it to ya.

What would you like for it ? Where are you located ?

·
Banned
3,605 Posts
That red is difficult for me to read.

The modules in Mallory distributor's do go bad. Years ago I had to replace the module in my Mallory several times until I got tired of replacing it and I got rid of the Maollory all together.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That red is difficult for me to read.

The modules in Mallory distributor's do go bad. Years ago I had to replace the module in my Mallory several times until I got tired of replacing it and I got rid of the Maollory all together.
Can you tell me what it was like when your module went bad . Was your motor running differant or did it just stop working . What did you replace it with ? Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,360 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Calling all motor heads in the Grass Valley ,ca. area

Well I found a MSD distributor , ignition box , coil , and wires on craig's list . Bye Bye Mallory ! I'm looking for for somebody in the Grass Valley ,ca. area that can do the swap . I really need to get back on the lake soon .

1 - 15 of 15 Posts