Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
steelcomp was here
26,512 Posts
I've running a old school edlebrock tr-2x manifold now. It's got some cracks, i'm pretty sure it's not straight, the carb stud threads are stripped, one stud is jb welded in. Lookin at getting a new manifold before i dyno, or maybe to swap out while at the dyno.
Change your intake before you dyno your engine.

·
Strap on the JATO
305 Posts
Shaun, have you thought about maybe trying a single carb app?
With the RPM's we turn in our jet's(low) and the simplicity of a
single carb, I'm not sure how much you'll gain from a TR to maybe
a Victor Jr or something similar? My engine combo is almost
identical to yours & I was told to stick w/ a high rise single plane.
Maybe bring a single carb deal w/ you to the dyno that someone
will let you use? IMO of course...... Good Luck!!

·
New here
4,219 Posts
From the site:

The performance of a custom-built sheet metal intake for the price of a cast manifold! Curved runners meet the cylinder head ports at the correct angle to reduce turbulence in the transition. Tapered “funnel ram” runners maximize intake charge velocity for more complete cylinder filling. Interchangeable top plates are available for inline carburetors, sideways carburetors, and fuel injection. Tall-deck manifolds are designed to use standard length distributor (small cap required). Overall height is 9.75”. Short-deck and tall-deck versions available.

·
Cantard
5,017 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
I've running a old school edlebrock tr-2x manifold now. It's got some cracks, i'm pretty sure it's not straight, the carb stud threads are stripped, one stud is jb welded in. Lookin at getting a new manifold before i dyno, or maybe to swap out while at the dyno.
I don't know if you have a enough motor for that manifold, and I don'tknow how happy it will be with 2 small 4 barrels. I have had pretty good results with this manifold on motors inn your HP range.
http://www.holley.com/1985.asp

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,075 Posts
Shaun,

Just courious, cu. inches and rpm's your going to run.

Sleeper CP

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,075 Posts
Shaun, have you thought about maybe trying a single carb app?
With the RPM's we turn in our jet's(low) and the simplicity of a
single carb, I'm not sure how much you'll gain from a TR to maybe
a Victor Jr or something similar? My engine combo is almost
identical to yours & I was told to stick w/ a high rise single plane.
Maybe bring a single carb deal w/ you to the dyno that someone
will let you use? IMO of course...... Good Luck!!
I need to look up the numbers but if I re-call correctly Dan Crower pulled a single 850 off a 502 (10:1 with a hyd. roller) with a Victor Jr. intake and replaced it with a T/R and two carbs ( I think 1,050's) and much to his surprised and his Dad's Bruce Crower and mine, that thing picked up 70 ft lbs and 75 Hp. The HP number's came in at 6,200 or 6,400.

I'll see if I can find the numbers.

Sleeper CP :D

·
Strap on the JATO
305 Posts
I need to look up the numbers but if I re-call correctly Dan Crower pulled a single 850 off a 502 (10:1 with a hyd. roller) with a Victor Jr. intake and replaced it with a T/R and two carbs ( I think 1,050's) and much to his surprised and his Dad's Bruce Crower and mine, that thing picked up 70 ft lbs and 75 Hp. The HP number's came in at 6,200 or 6,400.

I'll see if I can find the numbers.

Sleeper CP :D
Sleeper, I'm curious if these #'s were higher in the RPM band? Those
#'s are almost 1000rpm higher than what he's running. In a jet how
much HP does it take to kick up the RPM's 100 or so? Maybe try a
smaller impeller to get the HP #'s for the 990's?

1 - 20 of 68 Posts