Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just want some feedback about Manny Ramirez. Am I the only crazy one out there? The way Dodger fans treat him like some kind of hero after returning from his suspention for steriod use. To me he just a cheater like Bonds, Maguire, Sammy Sosa, Clemens and the rest of them. Again as you can see I don't post much, but this has been on my mind lately. Or is it all just about winning and fans don't care about how you win as long as you are winning. I know people on the boards here are always talking about role models for their kids, but it's crazy seeing parents cheering on this guy with their kids. Just wondering what else other people are thinking..

·
Registered
60 Posts
Allegedly used banned substance(s)

Got caught.

Paid approx. 7 million fine (lost pay due to suspension).

Back to work.

Fans don't seem upset.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Just want some feedback about Manny Ramirez. Am I the only crazy one out there? The way Dodger fans treat him like some kind of hero after returning from his suspention for steriod use. To me he just a cheater like Bonds, Maguire, Sammy Sosa, Clemens and the rest of them. Again as you can see I don't post much, but this has been on my mind lately. Or is it all just about winning and fans don't care about how you win as long as you are winning. I know people on the boards here are always talking about role models for their kids, but it's crazy seeing parents cheering on this guy with their kids. Just wondering what else other people are thinking..
No your not crazy. He's a scumbag just like most of the others in the steroid era!

·
Red Blooded American
15,853 Posts
With everything sacred being ruined by liberal acceptance, why should the baseball history or the record books be any different.

It appears the rules are just guidelines for the ordinary people right?

·
Registered
187 Posts
If you aint cheatin, you aint tryin! Check out the documentary bigger stronger faster, its a great doc on this subject! I personaly dont give a shit about athletes using the juice. I think if MLB was smart they would make sure there athletes tests came back clean. You rarely hear of any other sports testing dirty....you really think steroids are only in baseball? The other league's know its bad for business and cover up dirty test's all the time.

·
Ryan
171 Posts
Manny

I was there last night, all I can say is, when it costs what it costs to go to a game, I want to be entertained and he is the first guy in a long time who does that on the Dodgers, Im a lifelong fan and I absolutely love him. He brings energy, excitement and life to that stadium, 56000 last night were going crazy, who else can do that? People make mistakes, he paid the price, so be it. I like how people criticize these guys when MLB knew it was going on and let it happen and people watching knew it was happening but know when complained when Sosa, McGwire, etc were bombing it and getting people excited about the game again. JMHO

·
Slow Learner
909 Posts
They are after all "Dodger Fan"... Feel sorry for people like my pops that grew up on Vin Scully and the Blue Collar work ethic and now have an audience that is one step below Raider Fan..

·
21 Daytona
5,291 Posts
he played in Albuquerque while he was on suspension

I believe he struck out every time:D

guess he needed a injection:)devil

I say let them shoot up and hit some homers;)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If you aint cheatin, you aint tryin! Check out the documentary bigger stronger faster, its a great doc on this subject! I personaly dont give a shit about athletes using the juice. I think if MLB was smart they would make sure there athletes tests came back clean. You rarely hear of any other sports testing dirty....you really think steroids are only in baseball? The other league's know its bad for business and cover up dirty test's all the time.
I didn't say steroids were only in baseball. So because everyone does it that makes it right? I just used Manny Ramirez as an example..there are numerous athletes who use steriods. So let me ask the question again? How do you explain that to your kids? the ones who are taking them to the ball games to see Manny Ramirez? It's just part of the game now? and aren't the same people who accept and cheer for Manny Ramirez the same people who wanted to see Barry Bonds' home run record thrown out? and now because some one on their team is helping them win then it's okay. it's all about winning as long as their on your team. Again, just trying to understand..

·
Registered
187 Posts
Guys like him make a mockery of the game. You'll never see his mug in the hall of fame. Maybe the hall of shame.
You dont play the game to be in the hall of fame. You play to win, to be the best....because your an athlete and a competitor! If you make the hall, thats a great honor...but guys dont play the game to make the hall! Any guy with a set is looking for an edge or advantage in anything they are passionet (sp?) about! Weather its going faster on the water, getting a promotion at work, hitting a baseball... the list goes on. Pro athletes are some of the most competitive people in the world, there gonna be looking for an edge. Manny is only a jackass cause he got caught!

·
Registered
187 Posts
I didn't say steroids were only in baseball. So because everyone does it that makes it right? I just used Manny Ramirez as an example..there are numerous athletes who use steriods. So let me ask the question again? How do you explain that to your kids? the ones who are taking them to the ball games to see Manny Ramirez? It's just part of the game now? and aren't the same people who accept and cheer for Manny Ramirez the same people who wanted to see Barry Bonds' home run record thrown out? and now because some one on their team is helping them win then it's okay. it's all about winning as long as their on your team. Again, just trying to understand..
I would guess the way you explain steroids in sports to your kids is the same way you might explain, sex, drugs, murder, war....etc etc to them.

G

·
You dont play the game to be in the hall of fame. You play to win, to be the best....because your an athlete and a competitor! If you make the hall, thats a great honor...but guys dont play the game to make the hall! Any guy with a set is looking for an edge or advantage in anything they are passionet (sp?) about! Weather its going faster on the water, getting a promotion at work, hitting a baseball... the list goes on. Pro athletes are some of the most competitive people in the world, there gonna be looking for an edge. Manny is only a jackass cause he got caught!
Manny was a jackass long before he got caught.

Play to win, be the best, sure. But to gain an edge by cheating...where's the skill in that?

·
Az Desert Dweller
2,436 Posts
:)bulb I dare anyone to bring a sign to the game that says manny's a cheater, steroid user, see how fast you get thrown out, oh, buts thats what SHOULD happen to cheaters.............

·
Registered
187 Posts
Manny was a jackass long before he got caught.

Play to win, be the best, sure. But to gain an edge by cheating...where's the skill in that?
Manny's "skills" got him to the big leagues. The juice gave him an edge. The juice doesnt make you able to hit a big league pitcher (who by the way are also juicing), it just makes a warning track pop up a home run. I agree Manny is a jackass, but steroids didnt make him a jackass....MONEY and FAME did! 90 percent of athlete's are jackass' so are 90 percent of hollywood actors. You know what they have in common, not the juice....money and fame.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts