Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Islander Transient
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last year I made many trips in to Topock and never hit, although a couple times I was on the edge of my seat looking down :))eek:)). At that point I figured it was worthless to look, by the time I saw anything it would be 200 feet behind me :D

I've followed a couple boats through the mounth, but always wondered if they even knew what the correct path was. Then there is always the fear that you're following a jet boat

So with that said I turn to the world's best resource for all things Havasu and pose the question: Does anyone have a Google Earth image with the best lines in and out?

·
PB Member #26
956 Posts
It changes every season.

Last year it was kind of an "S" curve to clear the sandbar.

Trim up and gun it. :p

·
Premium Member
554 Posts
It changes every season.

Last year it was kind of an "S" curve to clear the sandbar.

Trim up and gun it. :p
I fly over Havasu a couple times a week and from 30k feet you can easily see the sand bars etc... It still looks to be the same as last year with the "S"

·
Registered
631 Posts
Don't follow me either, hit sand once and mud the other thinking I was going the correct way. Wifey says no more attempts.

·
Premium Member
2,145 Posts
I have the GPS coordinates I used last year in my GPS, but as mentioned, it changes every year. Just follow somone else if you haven't been through yet.

·
....like warm apple pie
1,681 Posts
When in doubt, THROTTLE!!!! :D:D:D

Sorry, thats advice from a jet boat guy!!! Maybe you shouldn't follow me! ;)

·
Registered
656 Posts
lol. I think RD had the best response to the hammering it and airing it out comments a while back.

I don't have it mapped, but you can tell where the water is deeper. It's usually right where the five boats pulling tubes, skiers, and lake lice are hanging out, lounging and for the most part just getting in the way. I hope that helps.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Ive always had good luck by the Island, never hit yet, knock on wood, and hope I never do. Seen those boats sitting out there and someone about shin in water pushing real hard, that sucks for them...

·
Registered
342 Posts
Ive always gone along the shore on the california side and the reeds. Throttle up and let her fly. Never had any problems or even came close to the bottom. Everyone says thinks it nuts but I have never came close to touching. :D :D :D

·
Registered
325 Posts
Just follow someone else up.........Not!!!!!

I got beached a few weeks ago. Not fun!!!! I was floating and waiting for another boat to come along to follow. I saw a nice magic coming and jumped in behind him.:|err The only problem was he didn't know where the hell he was going either! We were to far to the right and the next thing you know we were knee deep. I should've known we were going the wrong way when we passed the sea tow. :)hand Times like this remind me why I never drink on the water.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts