1,713 Posts
Glad to hear everyone is OK
Heard they had over 100 boats
Pretty good turnout considering the times and there lovely August weather:D
Congrats to BP for getting the win in M/E

·
Registered
529 Posts
There were 4 crashes. The 2 taf's, a PE guy got tossed out and I think the other was a TE jet that tossed the other. The weather was good all weekend. It did get alittle windy today and slowed the show down.

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
That many wrecks at one race makes me think water/weather conditions.
Man, that's what I was thinking!!! Not good!!

Glad Bill, Don along with everyone else is okay!!!!!!

·
Registered
529 Posts
The RR that got toss from the motor letting go and did the standerd left turn. The pe boat Iam not sure of as I had left for the airport before it happened. I do know that the water was a little choppy yesteday and they stop the show for a little while. Bob pizza also sank it at the out rap on friday from the prop going though the bottom of the boat.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
OK,got the straight poop one of the crashes
Bill Mason Crashed His Outboard powered Allison bass boat in Stock Eliminator because of a hyd/electric trim malfunction
He broke his clavical/shoulder and a leg bone fracture
he was released from hospital today
The wind conditons were up and down with head and cross gusts to 20 mph
They were also doing some kind of pathetic wakeboard/airchair ski demonstration that turned the whole course into "wash machine water"
I can understand doing these if they need to kill time and I am sure the young kids dig it,but Marble falls is a fairly big waterway with current that magnifies the boat rollers and extends the time period it takes to disapate them
Plus i heard they didnt finish either the Gambler or last chance class
(could be do to all the mishaps)
just my two pesos

1 - 9 of 9 Posts