Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there such an animal out there ? If so who and where ?

·
Premium Member
390 Posts
blueprint engines .com

blueprint engines .com They have crate marine engines, Decent price had a good writeup for Quality in one of car mag builds, No personal exp though, Good luck

P.A. Pirate

·
Distinguished Member
5,780 Posts
A buddy had Sunset Racecraft do one of their "street" engines for his Cole. Made 800 on 91 Octane, been in the boat 5-6 seasons without a hitch.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
crate motors

what about marine power or hardin marine for the bone stock and low h.p options? wouldn't one be able to obtain one thru them?

·
Steve
402 Posts
I bought the motor for my last boat from Jim Guthrie, he is down in La Habra. Very standup guy. Price was right, motor was delivered oil pan to carb, cam was broke in, tuned up and ready to drop in. Ran it for couple years the way he delivered it, never had one issue with it.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I bought the motor for my last boat from Jim Guthrie, he is down in La Habra. Very standup guy. Price was right, motor was delivered oil pan to carb, cam was broke in, tuned up and ready to drop in. Ran it for couple years the way he delivered it, never had one issue with it.
Phone number ?

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
A buddy had Sunset Racecraft do one of their "street" engines for his Cole. Made 800 on 91 Octane, been in the boat 5-6 seasons without a hitch.
Actually my engine was one of their "pump gas" race motors, designed for my specific application, built, dynoed, and delivered cheaper than I could have done locally. Six years and 7500 rpm many times with zero issues.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Jim's a good dude for sure! Helped me out with some little odds and ends and advice

1 - 10 of 10 Posts