Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Old Timer
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a new Racing Vest. Somehow my old Lifeline shrunk, or I grew a bit. Where is the best deal for a new one?:wink2:

·
Distinguished Member
5,782 Posts
My chute jacket is Lifeline and a big fan of theirs. That said, my circle boat jacket is an SRP. More comfortable and adjustable than the Lifeline but still certified for racing.

·
world's oldest teenager
685 Posts
How about any recommendations for a comfortable vest to use outside of competition but is still speed rated up to 100mph?
Lifeline makes what they call a poker run jacket. Much more comfortable than a racing jacket. I think the last one I bought was about $350 or $400. Call them up.

·
Registered
391 Posts
What part of the lifeline jacket is most uncomfortable? How thick is the foam in a full race Jacket? An inch? Closed Cell? Curious as I am thinking of making my own Jacket. I am not Comp racing just a lake boat deal

·
Registered
5,853 Posts
I need a new Racing Vest. Somehow my old Lifeline shrunk, or I grew a bit. Where is the best deal for a new one?:wink2:
OK, since I don't know you, I don't know if you were joking about growing a bit.
But, if your Lifeline hasn't been re-certified somewhat recently, it's possible the jacket itself has expanded.
The way I understand, is that over time the material in the jackets flotation bladder starts to deteriorate and creates a gas inside causing it to expand.
When it gets re-certified, that's replaced and the jacket will be less inflated, again.

If you've grown a bit, well thats a different story and they probably can't deflate you.

·
Premium Member
1,840 Posts
OK, since I don't know you, I don't know if you were joking about growing a bit.
But, if your Lifeline hasn't been re-certified somewhat recently, it's possible the jacket itself has expanded.
The way I understand, is that over time the material in the jackets flotation bladder starts to deteriorate and creates a gas inside causing it to expand.
When it gets re-certified, that's replaced and the jacket will be less inflated, again.

If you've grown a bit, well thats a different story and they probably can't deflate you.
This is exactly what happened to mine. Took it to Lifeline and they replaced the floatation material and it fits again.:))THumbsUp

1 - 13 of 13 Posts