Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A super huge thankyou to Marisa Stone and Dave Weber.
I received a package in the mail today from Marisa. I opened the package and it was a Hot Boat Magazine wrapped in plastic from 2003. I suddenly had a sneaky suspicion that it was the magazine with my boat in it. I started flipping through the pages, (I think I actually started to shake :) Low and behold, there it was, my boat "Recyclable" The coors boat!!!!!!
Marisa got the Magazine from Dave Webers personal collection.
I thank both of you. This is the missing part to the puzzle for me on the boat.
Here are a couple of photos from the magazine, and one of the boat in its "Third Life", cirlce racing at Parker.
Thankyou, Thankyou, Thankyou
Brent

Attachments

·
Future GN Racer!
2,216 Posts
Brent, That is AWESOME..... I wish I knew you needed that issue, I also recently read through it. Great story about your boat. :thumb: Man, I love the history and the shared love for out sport/boats. Great find.

Lock

·
Registered
200 Posts
you are welcome

Great article...you have a very cool boat with an interesting history ;)

·
Registered
232 Posts
Prop Works West

Hi my name is Mike and I was orginial involved with the Eagle Flatbottom.
In fact my partner and I did the tooling, built the mold and produced the first two boats from the mold.
This was done for Bob Privitt, George McDougle, and Norm Slayton.
I think I may still have a few pictures of the plug in process as well as a couple pictures of the first 2 boats.
The orginal boat (black and silver) was rigged as a K Boat and was run the first time at FireBird with a motor borrowed from Chuck Boyd (HOBBIT)
I'll be glad to tell the whole story if you dont know it. You'll have to let me gather my thoughts as it was a while back.
Im a little older, have drank a shit pot of beer, and slep since then.
The name of our Company was Double Eagle Boats out of North Long Beach the Eagle Boats name come from the fact that Bob and George did not want to be involved in our secound project a 20' mini cruiser

·
Premium Member
3,360 Posts
Please tell us more. I now own the black and silver boat.

·
Upstanding Member
12,715 Posts
The Recycleable Coors boat was at the 98 Parker Enduro for the ski race exhibition. I think Lonnie Fluent driving. I have some video of it on the ramp, but nothing out on the water (not sure if they made it out on the water:))

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi my name is Mike and I was orginial involved with the Eagle Flatbottom.
In fact my partner and I did the tooling, built the mold and produced the first two boats from the mold.
This was done for Bob Privitt, George McDougle, and Norm Slayton.
I think I may still have a few pictures of the plug in process as well as a couple pictures of the first 2 boats.
The orginal boat (black and silver) was rigged as a K Boat and was run the first time at FireBird with a motor borrowed from Chuck Boyd (HOBBIT)
I'll be glad to tell the whole story if you dont know it. You'll have to let me gather my thoughts as it was a while back.
Im a little older, have drank a shit pot of beer, and slep since then.
The name of our Company was Double Eagle Boats out of North Long Beach the Eagle Boats name come from the fact that Bob and George did not want to be involved in our secound project a 20' mini cruiser
Hey Mike
I PM'ed you my number, if I dont pickup, leave a message. Ill call right back.
Thankyou
Brent

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The Recycleable Coors boat was at the 98 Parker Enduro for the ski race exhibition. I think Lonnie Fluent driving. I have some video of it on the ramp, but nothing out on the water (not sure if they made it out on the water:))
Hey Jerry
That would have been Lonnie driveing in 98. That whole program was an animal, at one point they had 5 consecutive championships to their name, I think they won a total of 6.
Please post the video you have of it, I would live to see anything on it.
Thankyou
Brent

·
Registered
232 Posts
Brent

I really enjoyed talking to you today. Its not often I can talk to guys who understand how it use to be. (A bunch of drunk bastards in a bar with a Idea)
steveo 143
I would love to talk to ya, You may want to talk to Brent first it will cost ya 1 or 2hrs out of your life. I hope the stories would be worth it. The boat was orginial built with the botttom different from one side to the other, We were not drunk when we did it Oh wait a min we could have been but it was desgned that way Thats the way it was drawn up on the cocktail napkin

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I really enjoyed talking to you today. Its not often I can talk to guys who understand how it use to be. (A bunch of drunk bastards in a bar with a Idea)
steveo 143
I would love to talk to ya, You may want to talk to Brent first it will cost ya 1 or 2hrs out of your life. I hope the stories would be worth it. The boat was orginial built with the botttom different from one side to the other, We were not drunk when we did it Oh wait a min we could have been but it was desgned that way Thats the way it was drawn up on the cocktail napkin
Thats funny.
Ill get the photo to you shortly.
Thankyou for the info

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Great History Lesson!

steveo 143
I was laughed at when mentioning Laveys having two different side profiles. Even Racing Legends and Lavey folks were unaware of Al Lavey, Bud Murphy, and Paul & Rons' secrets of hull design. The left side seemed flatter (less rocker side to side and front to back) than the right and wider! On PURPOSE! IF your plate was set right, in the turns, the boat would suck or stick better on that left side, so the theory goes, so it would pivot on the left flat side and ride up and slide/fly loose on the right! Is this concept similar to the Eagles? Am I explaining it right?
Also Harlan Orrin and SKip Volk used a restaurant napkin to sketch what then wanted to do to the Wickens bottom to do more winning with the Shark. Not sure WHAT they were drinking though, probably Coke! Their Aquacraft shark also has two different sides, dropped chines, and strakes. We all know who copied it, dont we? So the Eagle is another modified b-boat! Interesting and welcome to the boards doubleeagle!

·
Registered
232 Posts
A strieght edge is not always stright

You have the right idea. Rockers and hooks, our thought was you can't see both sides of the boat at one time. They only call it a flat bottom. It does'nt you can't bend it. We refered to it as a power pad it would allow you to stuff the boat in the turn with out ending up with one leg shorter than the other (Lavey limp) I am kinda new to the internet but I read a bunch of shit about how bottoms should be flat and true from one end to the other. If the experts only knew:)Unsure;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts