Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
16,877 Posts
Believe it or not the engine will run on it 100%.

·
Broke mo fo
3,184 Posts
I was having a problem with my carb floats sticking. Ever since I've started adding it to my tank at fill ups the problem with the floats has disappeared.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
I use it to oil my air tools...works great.:)devil

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
it's only useful for engines that make horsepower...:)hand
I have heard it is a torque killer:D

seriously, you have to be carefull when adding it to a fuel. It is a octane killer. So if you think you are on the edge of detonation, it will push you over the edge. Not suggesting or telling anyone that is running it they should stop. Just be aware that it does lower your octane.
I have always question the use of it in AV. The whole "AV is dry" thing is a misunderstanding. When they say dry, it means lack of moisture. Imagine being at 10,000 ft and ice forms in your fuel. Could ruin your day.
Lube of AV fuel? Aircraft pistons and valves and rings and ........ don't need lube so they took it out. Seriously? And putting Marvel in is the solution? :)sphss

Now on a E85 or Meth deal, whole other story.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
633 Posts
I have heard it is a torque killer:D

seriously, you have to be carefull when adding it to a fuel. It is a octane killer. So if you think you are on the edge of detonation, it will push you over the edge. Not suggesting or telling anyone that is running it they should stop. Just be aware that it does lower your octane.
I have always question the use of it in AV. The whole "AV is dry" thing is a misunderstanding. When they say dry, it means lack of moisture. Imagine being at 10,000 ft and ice forms in your fuel. Could ruin your day.
Lube of AV fuel? Aircraft pistons and valves and rings and ........ don't need lube so they took it out. Seriously? And putting Marvel in is the solution? :)sphss

Now on a E85 or Meth deal, whole other story.
Marvel mystery oil Does NOT mix with Methanol .
I have used Blendzall Racing castor (bean based mixes with Methanol) , ( talk about a Sweet smelling fuel when burned )!! lol, .......... E:)hand

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
You are correct. Many use some sort of 2 stroke oil that does. Most 2 stroke oils do not mix well either.
Castor "R" Its like a drug for the real motor head. :)devil

I remember when Indy smelled of the stuff even outside the raceway. You could drive in front of Ascot raceway and smell it for blocks.
Every racing 2 stroke , sprite car, and champ car in the world was running on the stuff.:D

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
steelcomp was here
26,512 Posts
You are correct. Many use some sort of 2 stroke oil that does. Most 2 stroke oils do not mix well either.
Castor "R" Its like a drug for the real motor head. :)devil

I remember when Indy smelled of the stuff even outside the raceway. You could drive in front of Ascot raceway and smell it for blocks.
Every racing 2 stroke , sprite car, and champ car in the world was running on the stuff.:D
Klots (bean oil) was my preferred....;)

I hear a couple tablespoons of Marvel in your Cheerios keeps you regular...:)devil

·
Registered
633 Posts
Klots (bean oil) was my preferred....;)

I hear a couple tablespoons of Marvel in your Cheerios keeps you regular...:)devil
Let Me know how that works out for YOU Bud hil:).... E:)hand

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
Marvel Mystery Oil

I been using it for years to lube my fuel system after draining the alcohol. Pour it in the fuel pump and push out all the alcohol, lubes the o-rings. Wouldn't use anything else. Never seen any wear in my fuel pump.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts