Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a hazy layer of grout/concrete on the bricks I laid because I did it in the dark and did not wipe them down good enough. Any suggestions on how to get it off?

·
Gas Dock Greg
363 Posts
I have a hazy layer of grout/concrete on the bricks I laid because I did it in the dark and did not wipe them down good enough. Any suggestions on how to get it off?
Try a soft brush with water and muratic acid, use very little acid ,maybe one cup to five gallons maybe 1/2 cup, rinse frequently

·
Registered
672 Posts
Sulfamic acid. They sell it dry in the masonry section to remove tile grout haze. I (my dad and I ) built a rock wall and the sulfamic took the grey off nicely and left the rocks clean and sparkly.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Masonry

On a rock-salt finished driveway, what proportions should I use to cut the slip factor down? My kids always slip when I wash the cars and I want avoid a trip to the hospital.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
One hand full for every throw. More than you have now. Are you replacing the existing?

·
Registered
656 Posts
On a rock-salt finished driveway, what proportions should I use to cut the slip factor down? My kids always slip when I wash the cars and I want avoid a trip to the hospital.
50/50 in the middle of the night:D. Pour it on, give some scrubs with a push broom and hose it down. Or-get an acid etch stain and seal it with the sand in the sealer. Looks nice.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts