Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
MAMA TRIED
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haven't been in a long time. Heading out tomorrow for 10 days. What are the "must see, must do's". I know a few of us are renting harleys and cruisin the island, other then that not much is planned.

·
3,246 Posts
Find out where the Maui Wowi is at:)sphss

·
Registered
439 Posts
rent some harleys,head north past lahina and keep going,awesome trip,road narrows down to cart path size but easy on bikes,you end up in the harbor where the cruise boats dock.xlnt ride.aloha

·
Registered
541 Posts
rent some harleys,head north past lahina and keep going,awesome trip,road narrows down to cart path size but easy on bikes,you end up in the harbor where the cruise boats dock.xlnt ride.aloha
I've done this ride and it is Epic! Stop in the little village where it says "World's best Banana bread" and buy some.;)

·
Registered
131 Posts
The road to Hana is a MUST. dont do the guided tour van. Buy the cd and take the rental car. pack a lunch and some cold ones. its an all day long adventure. dont be afraid to take the rental car on the dirt road around the back side of the island! Swim in several lagoons with waterfalls along the way! This is the best that Maui has to offer. Just past Hana there are the seven sacred pools.:)devil

·
MAMA TRIED
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've done this ride and it is Epic! Stop in the little village where it says "World's best Banana bread" and buy some.;)
been there like 15 years ago. Talked to the owners...Still get christmas cards from them ever since. Cool little place.

Thanks guys for all the updates. Sounds like not much has changed. Just gonna roll with it.

·
MAMA TRIED
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The road to Hana is a MUST. dont do the guided tour van. Buy the cd and take the rental car. pack a lunch and some cold ones. its an all day long adventure. dont be afraid to take the rental car on the dirt road around the back side of the island! Swim in several lagoons with waterfalls along the way! This is the best that Maui has to offer. Just past Hana there are the seven sacred pools.:)devil
Been there. Good times. Hiking through all the bamboo and waterfalls.

·
It's good to be alive
1,526 Posts
Pack your mountain bikes up with the intention of riding all over the island with your group.......then the first day you get there go to Lahaina and drink too many mai tias at Kimos, then go to Boogy Bobs and rent boogy boards, then ignore the "Shore Break" warning signs , then catch the first wave, then drop 25' and land on your ankle, then break your ankle:)devil......sag for the rest of the group the rest of the week:D

·
Registered
478 Posts
Go to Kimo's in Lahaina - They have some GREAT prime rib! We also ate at a small hotspot called Penne Pasta - It is in Lahaina also and is excellent - just a little off the main tourist street.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Haven't been in a long time. Heading out tomorrow for 10 days. What are the "must see, must do's". I know a few of us are renting harleys and cruisin the island, other then that not much is planned.
Awesome, nice to hear of people still being able to get away ...

10 days is a enough time to dive in and do all that Maui has to offer, I was lucky enough to have lived on Maui (Lahaina) for three years, And I would (if I may) suggest the following:

1. DEFINATELY HANA !!.. (as suggested by another board member)
2. If you like to fish, go see Dave Hudson in Lahaina Harbor "The Finest Kind Sportfishing". It's about $800.00 for the day, carries six people and a chance to catch a nice Marlin or a Mahi.
3. The sunrise's in Haleakala, Take the wife and she's garuanteed to fall in love with you all over again .
4. Sunsets in Lahaina, On the lawn next to Pioneer Inn (By the Bannion Tree) or over dinner from the patio at "Kimo's"
5. The bike ride down from Haleakala
6. Maybe spent a day on Lanai, boat leaves out of Lahaina Harbor
7. Dive (SNUBA)the crater at Molikini
8. RESTAURANTS, RESTAURANTS AND MORE RESTAURANTS !!!
For Dinner:
Mama's Fish House
Pineapple Hill
Kimo's
Rusty Hook "This place is at Whaler's Village in Kaanapali and has a lobster tail there that will melt your sandals off !!"
For Lunch:
Cheeseburger in Paradise (Lahaina)
Moose McGillycuddy's (Lahaina) fun at night too, but no kids
Leilani's (Kaanapali)

There are just a few ideas, hope it helps, ALOHA HANA HO !!

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts
we are leaving for maui tomorrow morning. staying in lahaina. we'll let you know how it is:D:)devil:)hand

·
The Insurance Guy
1,922 Posts
Head over to the Kapalua golf course and eat lunch in the hanalua store. Also, snorkling at the 14 mile marker is a good spot

·
DRIVE4SHOW-PUTT4$$$
647 Posts
GO TO A BOOK STORE AND BUY THE BOOK ....MAUI REVEALED...ITS THE ULTIMATE GUIDE BOOK FOR MAUI....TRUST ME BRO,IF YOU DONT YOU ARE MISSNG OUT!!!!! YOU CAN PLAN YOUR WHOLE VACATION ON THE FLIGHT OVER.....THIS BOOK HAS IT ALL:)devil:)hand

1 - 20 of 38 Posts