Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Premium Member
1,919 Posts
My 74 sanger bubbledeck has a max recomended hp of only 400 hp.( according to the "capacities" tag on the gas peddle bracket) Is it safe to add a few hundered more hp?
Sounds to me like you will need a new gas peddle since the one you have is only rated at 400hp:D

Be safe and don't run over your comfort level and you should be fine.

· Registered
349 Posts
HP

First and foremost learn your boat, it's limitations and things to be improved on. As with anything high performance make sure you upgrade other areas such as steering, struts, braces, whirlaway in the v-drive is a must.:)devil

· Distinguished Member
5,842 Posts
Im pretty sure my hondo wasn't rated at 1200 hp but it's gonna get it:D
Thats why these boat are so dangerous I don't think any of them are made for the hp we put in them. Be smart be safe and have fun!!
Ray, the hull is fine, I think the question is if the driver is rated for 1200 HP. :D
You gonna have something for Ming in Sept? We're sure hoping to be there.

· The member
3,274 Posts
Ray, the hull is fine, I think the question is if the driver is rated for 1200 HP. :D
You gonna have something for Ming in Sept? We're sure hoping to be there.
I think the real question is ?? Will your shi- hold together until sept??:D:D
Man your hard on parts they don't even make it out of the shop.:)hand
No sept for me im taking it slow and easy no rush. I have a baby due on the 30th:)bulb

· Resident Ford Nut
10,033 Posts
Actually, how are hulls rated for horsepower??
Think manufactures liability insurance :)bulb

That is about 85% of the equation the rest would be performance capabilities of the hull and strength with 1/2 stringers vs full stringers and maybe a few other small things, but mostly insurance purposes.

I'm fairly confident that California Performance didn't think some dip-stick would put 1,200+ hp in a bow rider.

Sleeper CP :D

· The member
3,274 Posts
Think manufactures liability insurance :)bulb

That is about 85% of the equation the rest would be performance capabilities of the hull and strength with 1/2 stringers vs full stringers and maybe a few other small things, but mostly insurance purposes.

I'm fairly confident that California Performance didn't think some dip-stick would put 1,200+ hp in a bow rider.

Sleeper CP :D
Your boat has 1200 hp and only runs 110 ???? I hope not:D:D Jet guys:)sphss

· Resident Ford Nut
10,033 Posts
Your boat has 1200 hp and only runs 110 ???? I hope not:D:D Jet guys:)sphss
I never said it was efficient :)sphss

Well (observed )at 6,800 was 870 + 275 Nos shot = 1,145 HP Like I said, I didn't say it was efficient :)

S CP :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.