Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think would be the max mph you should see with a AA stainless AMT impellar at 6000rpms, dom pump , in a real good efficient hull (stealth, eliminator, cheyenne)with a nice race keel ?
According to the Impellar charts it should take right at 800hp to turn 6000 with a AA.
I'm doing alot of tuning on the new bottom , and turn 6000r's off the Nos, and want to get all there is there before throwing the juice at it. It'll turn on up to 7000-7200 depending on the tune when the juice is on.
Thanks in advance , Hass.

·
Boat Nut
5,131 Posts
What do you guys think would be the max mph you should see with a AA stainless AMT impellar at 6000rpms, dom pump , in a real good efficient hull (stealth, eliminator, cheyenne)with a nice race keel ?
According to the Impellar charts it should take right at 800hp to turn 6000 with a AA.
I'm doing alot of tuning on the new bottom , and turn 6000r's off the Nos, and want to get all there is there before throwing the juice at it. It'll turn on up to 7000-7200 depending on the tune when the juice is on.

7000-72000 thats way more RPM than most will turn with a race detailed B impeller running 1000 plus hp. it's going to come down to, how well you can load your pump, at speed, this will determin the mph.

·
Registered
6,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
7000-72000 thats way more RPM than most will turn with a race detailed B impeller running 1000 plus hp. it's going to come down to, how well you can load your pump, at speed, this will determin the mph.
Right now I'm only concerned what the max mph possible at 6000 would be?
100? 110? 115? 120? less? more? I'm talking max. With the most efficient hull and setup .thanks

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
My 23' Kustom Kraft runs around 112-114mph @ 6000 rpm with a double AA. It's probably a lot heaver set up boat than yours, (full interior, 66 gal fuel, etc), but that might give you a reference.

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,079 Posts
My 23' Kustom Kraft runs around 112-114mph @ 6000 rpm with a double AA. It's probably a lot heaver set up boat than yours, (full interior, 66 gal fuel, etc), but that might give you a reference.
Not really, but I get your point :)bulb

I never what to run up against that thing. Yiiikes :)st :)devil

The CP turns an MPD "B" turns like an A+ on the chart ( 825hp at 6,200) 6,200 = 99- 99.8 full interior full gas tanks. Hope to get it to 102-104 mph at 6,200 with bottom work and some tuning.

My boat is not near as efficent as Duane's.

S CP :D

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Tunnel bottom,have any pics?
never heard of one.....
haulin the mail and then some with a 23':)devil

·
Registered
41 Posts
WOW!! What the hell do you have for an engine? :)bulb

·
Registered
1,553 Posts

Im pretty sure you could get to ludicrous speed but beware not to jump to plaid.

Wish my boat turned 6 K :mad:

·
on 3 go.....
846 Posts
19' CP in full river trim
GS detailed A spinning 6500rpm on motor @ 110mph
7000-7100rpm juiced @ 116+

Put this setup into a "more" efficient hull and gain 20mph. (appx)

·
Registered
6,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
good reference,thanks Dewayne, a lighter boat should get there quicker but top mph should be resonably close.
So, at this point 112-114max should be the goal for 6000r's and a AA, Anyone else doing any better than that ? Dont really care about all of the other cuts , and rpm ranges, just interested in the stated perimeters at this time thanks, Hass

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
i know what you run at 6000 on a aa-cut:D seems to be pretty inline;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts