Performance Boats Forum banner

Maybe a Stupid Question...

3K views 36 replies 17 participants last post by  ptc 
#1 ·
IS there any boating event promoters in the local (NORCAL) area? Or do all the event promotions for like poker runs and all that sort of stuff typically come from out of state?

Do they have special rights on promotions in the area? or can anyone put together events with all the right 'ammenities' attached?

Like for example the "Bridge to Bridge Run"? was that done by someone or some group local to SAC area?

#5 ·
Only thing I have had to pay for to have a good time on the water is gas, food and what I am drinking. If someone is asking you to pay for more than that for a freaking t shirt, youre getting hosed.

The DLB trips are by far the BEST and CHEAPEST fun times to be had.

My name is Norm, and I approve this message!

#8 ·
We are an unorganized bunch of misfits and idiots occording to poker runs organizers but yet people keep coming to hang out with us at our runs???? Dont know why??? Maybe we pack more bad ass boats and hardware and have just as much if not more fun than the poker runners and we dont charge to do so....:)hand Sorry the DLB sucks and you shouldnt get involved with them:D:D:D::):)punch

#10 ·
I agree with all of you, and would vote for ya norm. The dlb is great, we have never had a bad experience other than possibly too much fun than one should have in just one day.

But.....

I also enjoyed the organized runs when we had the cash to run them. The poker runs and b2b runs were great fun too. If there were a new batch of organized runs put together people would attend. IMO.

Racer

ps. Can't wait for St. Patty's day

#26 ·
Marine Events

This may be a sucky response to your question, but the following link is most of the information to request a marine event in the area. It's a formal process where you have to have your ducks in a row, but maybe it's an undertaking that's worth it. I'm aware it says Sector Pudget Sound, so the second link is Sector San Fran with less information of course.

http://homeport.uscg.mil/mycg/porta...tentId=20542&programId=12590&pageTypeId=16440

http://homeport.uscg.mil/mycg/porta...BV_EngineID=cccfadellfljkiecfjgcfgfdffhdghl.0

Hope this helps.

#27 ·
This may be a sucky response to your question, but the following link is most of the information to request a marine event in the area. It's a formal process where you have to have your ducks in a row, but maybe it's an undertaking that's worth it. I'm aware it says Sector Pudget Sound, so the second link is Sector San Fran with less information of course.
Hope this helps.
Yea... not looking to get the feds involved!... just want to have some fun on the water with friends and have a few drinks.... and look at all the fine machinery.

#34 ·
we just need more unorganized shit like hookie day thru out the year, or maybe a cool toy drive on the water around the holidays like the bikers do?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.