Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a good Jet Boat mechanic in Yuma that isnt outrageously expensive? I have a 455olds in a 73 tahiti with a few problems. It runs great, but there is oil leaking right where the head, block and intake all come together. Im afraid that there might be water getting into the oil. I havnt drained it yet, but im not the best mechanic in the world, and i really dont want to ruin this engine. Im using good gaskets, and everything has been torqued according to the book. Motor has about 2hrs on it since the rebuild. I also cant get my darn exhausts to seal properly. Ive used RTV, copper gaskets and such, so im thinking they need to be honed??? It makes that annoying noise that I cant stand. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Does anyone know of a good Jet Boat mechanic in Yuma that isnt outrageously expensive? I have a 455olds in a 73 tahiti with a few problems. It runs great, but there is oil leaking right where the head, block and intake all come together. Im afraid that there might be water getting into the oil. I havnt drained it yet, but im not the best mechanic in the world, and i really dont want to ruin this engine. Im using good gaskets, and everything has been torqued according to the book. Motor has about 2hrs on it since the rebuild. I also cant get my darn exhausts to seal properly. Ive used RTV, copper gaskets and such, so im thinking they need to be honed??? It makes that annoying noise that I cant stand. Thanks for the help.
Call vic at desert yacht...(928)783-9441

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Sounds like a intake manifold gasket.Olds has a metalic gasket that act as a oil baffle.
They always leak oil.

·
Bostick Racing Engines
1,063 Posts
Vic is "the dude"... fair guy... easy to deal with... very knowledgeable. One of a few people that I'd trust completly without question to work on my ride.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts