Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
"Mad" Member
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some pic's of probably the only 2 fully restored Berkeley Jet Kona's in South Africa.

My one is the red one, called "Prawn*" and the blue one is called "Buick".

I currently run a stock 460 Ford while the blue one is powered by a 383 Chevy.

Some pics with the original 455 Olds, the Ford engine is my back up motor.

Jet Mad

Attachments

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Nice boats! I see you gave up on the Olds. So what do the locals think of jet boats in S Africa? Is there much of a hot rod scene, or is it more outboard, fishing, sailing stuff?

·
"Mad" Member
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice boats! I see you gave up on the Olds. So what do the locals think of jet boats in S Africa? Is there much of a hot rod scene, or is it more outboard, fishing, sailing stuff?
Icecreaman,

I haven't given up on the Olds yet. I am busy doing some work on the heads and some other stuff. I will always be an Olds fan, the Ford is my back up motor to keep me on the water. It takes me about 2 hours to swop motors.

Jet boats maybe make out 1% of the boating scene in South Africa, most are outboards. These 2 are probably the only "Hotrod" boats that we know off at the moment in South Africa.

Wikus

·
"Mad" Member
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Y are the steering wheels on the wrong side?
We drive on the lefthand side of the road, all are our cars is RH steering as well.

You think that is wrong, my gas pedal sits on the left foot.

Attachments

·
"Mad" Member
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
What about crocs and hippos? ever hit one? :))eek:)) nice boats though...:thumb:
Gone Green,

Luckily where we boat there are no crocs or hippo. Crocs are only found in rivers here that flow from east to west and further north from where I stay.

Hippo's are also found further north and only really pose a threat to kayak and canoeist. I know of only 2 attacks by hippo on power boats.

My neighbor had a hand reared one which eventually killed him and it had to be put down, this happened about a year ago. I have moved down from up North recently to Cape Town, and the only danger on the water here is drunk boaters.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3934421/Farmer-killed-by-pet-hippo-he-called-his-son.html

Wikus

·
Registered
533 Posts
Lots of good lookin ladies in South Africa and hardly any jet boats. I'd be takin full advantage of that scenario :D

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Gone Green,

Luckily where we boat there are no crocs or hippo. Crocs are only found in rivers here that flow from east to west and further north from where I stay.

Hippo's are also found further north and only really pose a threat to kayak and canoeist. I know of only 2 attacks by hippo on power boats.

My neighbor had a hand reared one which eventually killed him and it had to be put down, this happened about a year ago. I have moved down from up North recently to Cape Town, and the only danger on the water here is drunk boaters.
Farmer killed by pet hippo he called his 'son' | The Sun |News

Wikus
Wow that guy is :)sphss We think pit bulls are bad...Ive gotta swiming pool, But I dont think I want a hippo for a pet..:hmmm:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts