Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bummer!

Getting that thing off the rocks is going to be interesting.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
All it will take to get it off is, high tide, and an ocean going tug. Just a guess, but.... I think someone lost their job.

Darrell.

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
Instead of saying "yacht spotter" on the pics, it should say "rock spotter" because that's what they really needed.:)hand

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Supposidly it was anchored at Cannes when a gale wind picked up. It drug anchor and went aground.

This one went aground at the same port a couple years back....Just not as bad. (notice it listing to port).

Attachments

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Supposidly it was anchored at Cannes when a gale wind picked up. It drug anchor and went aground.

This one went aground at the same port a couple years back....Just not as bad. (notice it listing to port).

Damn. So it's not just people around here that don't know how to anchor!

Darrell.

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
Maybe I'm an idiot, but if I owned or was a captain of a yacht that big, I'd anchor another half mile back where there was no chance of "blowing" aground and launch the tenders to run people in from the extra half mile out.

·
Driver
3,195 Posts
somebody posted a pic of one falling in to the water when the straps broke i cant find it though

·
"The" masheenist
5,444 Posts

·
"Try it Now!"
3,704 Posts
Maybe I'm an idiot, but if I owned or was a captain of a yacht that big, I'd anchor another half mile back where there was no chance of "blowing" aground and launch the tenders to run people in from the extra half mile out.

He should have just used a box anchor...what a dummy :)sphss

1 - 20 of 21 Posts