Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright all you lower river folks, who's going to make out for Memorial Day? We'll be heading out late Thursday night to start the fun.

Darrell.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll be up at the sand bar on Sat.. Can't wait to get out there again.

Darrell.

·
Registered
266 Posts
The wife and I are coming out after work Friday. I cannot bring myself to have the wife stay in the "bung" aloes, I am getting a room at the MicroTel I think.

Last week the sandbar just north of the entrance to Martinez-friday was about 1-2 feet under water and we set up a table to keep stuff dry. then on saturday it was out of the water but a little on the muddy side, lots of silt.

Same story for the sand bar on the west side just south .:D

·
32 DW X-CAT
2,271 Posts
Darrell:

I will be in Havasu on Wednesday and coming down to a sandbar near you on Friday at the latest.

I cannot wait to hit the water it is gonna be hella crazy busy.

KAP

P.S. Big Deck the Microtel is nice now that they have an Applebees within walking distance. They also have the new Comfort Inn right next door to the Jack in the Box on the north side of the freeway.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Kap, are you in Havi for fun, or service? Hopefully you're hitting the water.

Darrell.

·
CODE8
105 Posts
Well be there from Sunday to Monday. Have to work on Saturday.....Hope to meet new people from the boards:)hand....Stay Safe out there...

·
Registered
266 Posts
Darrell:
P.S. Big Deck the Microtel is nice now that they have an Applebees within walking distance. They also have the new Comfort Inn right next door to the Jack in the Box on the north side of the freeway.
Glad to hear there is someplace to eat nearby now. I always cut through the 95 and haven't seen the Fortuna exit in a few years.:D

·
Registered
887 Posts
Is there a sand bar now or is the water level still high?
There were sandbars showing this weekend and the water temp is awesome!!

We will be out on Friday evening....

·
two strokes is enough
2,042 Posts
ill be out there sat sun and monday i think sat im going to take my parents ski boat out either that or my bosses carrera jet boat to keep from me having to babysit my boat due to the amount of wakes.

this could all change though so still look for the blue and white daytona itll be there sun and monday for sure

·
Premium Member
4,704 Posts
ill be out there sat sun and monday i think sat im going to take my parents ski boat out either that or my bosses carrera jet boat to keep from me having to babysit my boat due to the amount of wakes.

this could all change though so still look for the blue and white daytona itll be there sun and monday for sure
what happen to the calm waters?

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
what happen to the calm waters?

Busy weekend, with a ton of boats, and all the chop that goes with them. Night and day difference from the weekend you were out there last. In fact, it's sometimes hard to even get a spot on the sandbar.

Darrell.

·
two strokes is enough
2,042 Posts
Busy weekend, with a ton of boats, and all the chop that goes with them. Night and day difference from the weekend you were out there last. In fact, it's sometimes hard to even get a spot on the sandbar.

Darrell.

yes sir darrel its the amount of boats that are driving by and stopping and going slow swamping the smaller boats out there that made me think about taking a different boat but who knows, i mean i can deal with it just not sure if i want to.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yea, I had seen two different low freeboard boats get swamped last summer on big weekends. Ya really have to pay attention on the busy weekends, that's for sure.

Darrell.

·
two strokes is enough
2,042 Posts
ye sire mine took two wakes over the side when it was anchored at silicone then i moved it in the middle of the sandbar in about 4 inches of water that way if it did sink all i had to do was switch the bilge on and float er back up haha

·
Full Of It.
787 Posts
I might run out for part of the weekend.....looks like I am back to parking the camper in the trees again..... Maybe I can just park on my old concrete pad? LOL

1 - 20 of 75 Posts