Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah, I know there's a whole other thread for the slough but I have some questions that didn't get answered there.

How far off the 5FWY is it? Is the water level good? Easy to park truck/trailer? what about a beach to set up on for the day? Any help is appreciated.
Skip

·
Registered
537 Posts
Yeah, I know there's a whole other thread for the slough but I have some questions that didn't get answered there.

How far off the 5FWY is it? Is the water level good? Easy to park truck/trailer? what about a beach to set up on for the day? Any help is appreciated.
Skip
I don't know how far off 5 it is. water level is good all the time. Easy to park and you can camp right off water.

·
Registered
126 Posts
How far off the 5FWY is it? about 45 min

Is the water level good? yep

Easy to park truck/trailer? pretty much, the launch is slippery as I'm sure you've read so be careful

what about a beach to set up on for the day? not really in the back. There are a couple of spots here and there that you *might* be able to park at. Its been awhile and back then it was pretty rough soil with weeds, wouldn't call it a beach. We hang out on a "sandbar" (aka dirtbar)

·
U Kno It
184 Posts

Skip
I would say its about 25 miles east of I 5. Map Quest Mendota if you wanna more accurate figure. The slough is no more than a mile east of Mendota Ca.
There are camp grounds with tables and benches, a couple of portable bathrooms and an outdoor shower. As far as a beach, its about three feet under water but there are places on the bank you can set up a day camp. The facilities are nothing fancy to say the least, but the water is always calm and cool. We've got a great bunch of people that all hang out and the group gets bigger every weekend. Its big fun.

·
U Kno It
184 Posts
just curious how corrosive is the water? do you have to flush your engines after every use?
I usually flush mine at the end of the season every year. Ive never heard of anyone developing mechanical problems from the water out there, its usually from a very heavy right foot.

·
Registered
157 Posts
The water is mostly pumpedin from underground it stayes the same year round cause it is a wild life refuge. And omegaman is rightwe are the biggest threat to our motors between slough-crusier valdez1 and myself there is about 8 big block chevys in davey jones locker.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Just remember, though if anyone's thinking about this weekend, the campground aka Jack's Resort is full, completely booked, no room.

·
Registered
78 Posts
been to the slough twice and will keep on going back. for me its a lot cheaper going there cost less in gas and launching fees than our neighboring lakes. plus good people out there with alike interests and old school jet boats. if you are wondering about checking it out you should its a blast out there.:D

·
Registered
352 Posts
There is a couple of v-drive that go out.:)grn Im am one but mostly jets. If you like calm water and no rangers its the place to go. I ask if there was a patch of shore to mowe down and make a nice beach on but no one seemed to interested in doing it.:)bulb I think it would make it that much cooler.:D

Cowboy Mike,
As far as better then Don I dont know I have never been to Don. Its not the cleanest water but it the calmest around.:)devil

·
Registered
126 Posts
My parents talked about doing that years ago, and sprinkle the diazanon around to kill the ants...think it would be cool but who's bringing a mower???? LOL Plus if you do that, you know it'll be overrun by others and you'd never get the spot anyway! LOLOL

·
Registered
931 Posts
Thanks guys, I will talk to the reat of H.B.O and see what the game plan is. Sounds like good place for a day trip. We are looking to spend a weekend out. Don Pedro sounds more attractive do to camp grounds. We like to camp close to the water. easier to see the boats, admire them! LOL!!

·
Registered
352 Posts
My parents talked about doing that years ago, and sprinkle the diazanon around to kill the ants...think it would be cool but who's bringing a mower???? LOL Plus if you do that, you know it'll be overrun by others and you'd never get the spot anyway! LOLOL
I will do it. But I need someone to bring the mower.:D If you make it big enough and get to the spot early and as long its over ran by hotboaters thats kool.:)hand

1 - 17 of 17 Posts