Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
steelcomp was here
26,527 Posts
I want to say factory limited to 5000, but not 100% sure.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Mine is factory set at 5200 which is very conservative when you consider the internal components of these motors

·
21 Daytona
5,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys,

I was just curious because procharger rated my M3SC pulley setup
to run 8psi on a stock 500EFI at red line. I'll be @ 6100 ,
Any guess on boost pressure on my build with this same pulley configuration? I'm looking for 8psi

·
Registered
46 Posts
Outlaw...did you change cams from stock? I ran the Crane 651 with roots and made peak power at 6100 by 6500 things were falling off quick...the heads (stock) are done at that level as are hydralic rollers. :D

5250 is "stock" limiter setting.

·
21 Daytona
5,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Outlaw...did you change cams from stock? I ran the Crane 651 with roots and made peak power at 6100 by 6500 things were falling off quick...the heads (stock) are done at that level as are hydralic rollers. :D

5250 is "stock" limiter setting.
cjordan, I'm just using a Procharger from a 500EFI, the only info
ATI could give me was with theis current pulley setup it would
produce 8PSI at red line on a HP500,

I plan on spinning my engine to 6100
engine is a gen 6 502 with blower pistons, H beam rods, and AFR325's
cam is a solid roller from CStraub,

just wondering if it will produce 8 psi with my combo or if I will need to change pulleys.

·
Registered
46 Posts
cjordan, I'm just using a Procharger from a 500EFI, the only info
ATI could give me was with theis current pulley setup it would
produce 8PSI at red line on a HP500,

I plan on spinning my engine to 6100
engine is a gen 6 502 with blower pistons, H beam rods, and AFR325's
cam is a solid roller from CStraub,

just wondering if it will produce 8 psi with my combo or if I will need to change pulleys.
Sweet...well that changes things. I think you'll make more than 8# due to the blower spinning harder, ~900rpm more than stock...I have to qualify though that I've never messed with or been around pro-chargers, only roots and whipple. BTW that combo you have should make ~900HP...:) You going to dyno?

·
21 Daytona
5,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sweet...well that changes things. I think you'll make more than 8# due to the blower spinning harder, ~900rpm more than stock...I have to qualify though that I've never messed with or been around pro-chargers, only roots and whipple. BTW that combo you have should make ~900HP...:) You going to dyno?
not for now, I have to build some maps first (EFI)
maybe next fall I'll dyno it,

1 - 10 of 10 Posts