Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 159 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am Looking at a deck boat with a SC700 with the nxt drive. I will not run the cleaver prop. I am not familiar with this drive, is it only for top speed? Can I still pull the kids tubing? Am I looking at the wrong setup for the overall family thing? I could careless about top speed, but I really like the boat. The used market dictates what I look at, thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
I might recommend looking at the 525 with a bravo xr package. I'm not sure how the 700 package will work pulling skiers and kids on tubes, especially since you aren't concerned with top speed.

·
The HMFIC
1,748 Posts
youll be fine with the 700 and nxt set up. you can tube, ski or go mach 12 in my opinion. its all in how you drive it but i would def go with the herring blade. that setup is bad azz i would love to do this on my next boat but i think money will be and issue on that one, very expensive set up:)sphss

·
Lord of the Drinks
2,352 Posts
Why not run a cleaver?

Great engine and drive package. The only thing you may want to look at for tubing is where the X dimension is on the boat...the NXT will throw more of a roost than a Bravo.

·
The HMFIC
1,748 Posts
Why not run a cleaver?

Great engine and drive package. The only thing you may want to look at for tubing is where the X dimension is on the boat...the NXT will throw more of a roost than a Bravo.

just get a longer rope:)sphss

·
It is what it is
2,650 Posts
Why not run a cleaver?

True, but I also think you can run a regular Bravo prop on the NXT, that should cut down on the roost.

The clever has the bling factor though. Nothing looks like a big nasty piece of cnc'd steel on the back of a boat.

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
i have a single 700sci with an nxt in a f-29... Drive and engine combo is amazing.... Also, if you our talking about the 28 magic deck with the 700, i spoke with that guy once is steamboat, boat is really nice, good colors. Its all how you prop the boat, you want bottom end throw a maximus or herring 5 blade (non-cleaver) at it and get the bottom end you want..

·
6,873 Posts
i have a single 700sci with an nxt in a f-29... Drive and engine combo is amazing.... Also, if you our talking about the 28 magic deck with the 700, i spoke with that guy once is steamboat, boat is really nice, good colors. Its all how you prop the boat, you want bottom end throw a maximus or herring 5 blade (non-cleaver) at it and get the bottom end you want..
Whats your top Speed

·
Banned
1,019 Posts
I am Looking at a deck boat with a SC700 with the nxt drive. I will not run the cleaver prop. I am not familiar with this drive, is it only for top speed? Can I still pull the kids tubing? Am I looking at the wrong setup for the overall family thing? I could careless about top speed, but I really like the boat. The used market dictates what I look at, thanks.
Go with the 525/XR in that deck boat if you can find one. Better fuel mileage and longer engine life.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Tru

The clever has the bling factor though. Nothing looks like a big nasty piece of cnc'd steel on the back of a boat.
TRUE!!:)devil:)devil:)devil

Attachments

·
Banned
1,019 Posts
Whut up Mr. Sears LTNS.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Whut up Mr. Sears LTNS.
What's up brother? Hows things?

BMABITY said:
nice 6" pipes.... love that about the cigs..... My uncle has a 38 with twin teague 1200's... holy shiznit are those boats amazing.....
That's a pic of Tom Abrahams old 46' Rough rider. the replacement RR was at Desert Storm this year. Nice ride(s).

Where's your uncles boat? Which one is it?

By the way, the 700/NXT combo from Merc is probably the best combo (after the 1075/#VI package) merc has ever produced. STELLER drive and motor!!

·
Banned
1,019 Posts
What's up brother? Hows things? Tank

In the process of setting up an online business. I've been burned by several of them but this one looks really good. Mortgage refund tracing.

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
What's up brother? Hows things?

That's a pic of Tom Abrahams old 46' Rough rider. the replacement RR was at Desert Storm this year. Nice ride(s).

Where's your uncles boat? Which one is it?

By the way, the 700/NXT combo from Merc is probably the best combo (after the 1075/#VI package) merc has ever produced. STELLER drive and motor!!
his boat is parked in Huntington Harbor, next to Mark McGuire's old place (baseball). He does alot of ski racing... Catalina race every year..

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
WOW that is awesome, but what you seeing in the summer, I am with PEEBUS 95 I am guessing

Went out the other day with 3 in the boat and ran it up to 98 quick and then backed off. Fuel was 1/4 in both tanks and had one full ice chest.. very similar to when i got it up to 100. With the merc programming, (bypass valve on supercharger) boats seems to run similar to winter so far. Im sure when it gets to 110 and above out there and the water is almost 80 i will see some slower speeds. we were out last weekend and i want to say it was around 95 out.

1 - 20 of 159 Posts