Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone out there with any time using Merlin - x heads? Im very curious to know how the big ports and tiny chambers work? I am a fan of smaller chamber size versus spinning a heavier piston. Any info would help.

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
I have kicked these around in my head for some time. The only real advantage is the lighter piston, and possibly a better flame front. They don't really flow all that great compared to other shallow valve angle, conventional siamese/common wall port heads.
When they first came out there were some geometry issues when using stud mounted rockers, which was a "selling point" for them then. They took them off the market, re-designed the rocker area. They require shaft rockers now, and I guess the geometry issues have been resolved.

I still haven't ruled them out, but that ONE motor would be the bastard in my engine pool. I like being able to move parts around between different engine combos.
But I would still like to try a set.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have kicked these around in my head for some time. The only real advantage is the lighter piston, and possibly a better flame front. They don't really flow all that great compared to other shallow valve angle, conventional siamese/common wall port heads.
When they first came out there were some geometry issues when using stud mounted rockers, which was a "selling point" for them then. They took them off the market, re-designed the rocker area. They require shaft rockers now, and I guess the geometry issues have been resolved.

I still haven't ruled them out, but that ONE motor would be the bastard in my engine pool. I like being able to move parts around between different engine combos.
But I would still like to try a set.

I agree with keeping parts interchangable. There is also a key interest not only with the port and chamber volumes, but the use of conventional square port intake.

·
steelcomp was here
26,512 Posts
The port/valve centerline intersection angle on these will never allow them to flow very well, especially in n oval port configuration. There are so many things fundamentally wrong with these heads and that's why they never really went anywhere.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts