Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
6,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SCUBA STEVE as you know him, was working patrol when he responded to a shots fired call. Upon arriving on scene, he was immediately meet with Semi Automatic Gun Fire, the Vehicle took 6 rounds and he took one in the forearm. He had his first surgery yesterday and is in surgery right now. He is doing well and his wife is doing well under the circumstances.

The suspect had just killed two people and shot 6 others.
He is in custody ...

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Holy crap!!!!! That's some crazy shit. Good to hear he only took one in the forearm. Best wishes.

Darrell.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Very sorry to read this bad news. Prayers go out to him and his family as well as his fellow officer's. Thanks for posting this information.

·
Cross Member
104 Posts
Hmmmm. Your thread title leads one to believe that a Mesa police officer shot the board member scuba steve. Maybe a semi-colon, comma or just reworded.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Fueled by jealousy, Brent Matthew Banks gunned down his ex-girlfriend, her boyfriend and shot a Mesa officer in the arm at a Mesa graduation party late Saturday night, police documents say.

On Sunday, Banks, 37. was booked into jail on first-degree murder charges as well as aggravated assault and kidnapping charges.

Sally S. Johnson-Huddleston, 38, and Auston G. Blanks, 32,died after Banks shot them with a semiautomatic handgun, records show.
Two-year Mesa police officer Steven Cervantes, 34, had emergency surgery on Sunday and will probably remain in the hospital for several days, said Mesa Police spokesman Sgt. Ed Wessing.

His injuries are not life-threatening, but the officer will require several surgeries to repair his arm, Wessing added.

Six other people at the graduation party had minor injuries because they were either grazed by bullets or were hit by bullet fragments. The injured included an 8-year-old boy who is Johnson-Huddleston's and Banks' son, and a 10-year-old boy who was attending the party.

Police did not identify the boys because they are minors.

·
About 500' AGL
2,470 Posts
Glad he is ok.....Kilr, do you know any more circs? Was Steve able to return fire? I havn't seen him for a few years and didn't even know he was on the job.

·
Unhyphenated American
1,938 Posts
Great to hear he will be ok!

·
E-7 Sheepdog (ret)
6,834 Posts
Hmmmm. Your thread title leads one to believe that a Mesa police officer shot the board member scuba steve. Maybe a semi-colon, comma or just reworded.
I can see I wasn't alone in my first impression. :D

My best to Scuba Steve. Indeed, many worse places to take on than in the forearm.

·
Premium Member
4,704 Posts
This happen on the other side of the lake from me. Sad event. Good to hear Scuba Steve is OK.

·
6,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Scuba Steve in the middle with his wife and Bobaloo

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Wow... Too bad they took Banks alive. People like this should not be allowed to surrender.:mad: Hope all goes well for Steve...

·
Banned
1,517 Posts
Best wishes for a full recovery and thanks for chasing down the bad guys

·
Banned
4,599 Posts
I was hoping there was more than one Steve Cervantes on Mesa PD as I was watching the news last night... :(

Best wishes to a speedy recovery and a return to full savagery Scuba Steve!!! :D :D :D

1 - 20 of 77 Posts